UGA DB Dan Jackson Talks Texas: "I personally don't believe we're ever an underdog"

1 hour ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Somethin tells me he doesn’t have the ability to keep up with any Texas recievers. Great value cooler dejean 

Not even, he's good at and around the line of scrimmage and the run game. The further he gets away from the LOS the easier he gets exposed. Your screens and other short passes and runs he's going to blow that up. One on one is spaced, meh, he's toast.

1 hour ago, Austalgia said:

He’s right. They aren’t underdogs to anyone.  Whoever plays A game will win.  They are full of 5 stars from multiple classes. They have stacked classes like us.  

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but, seriously what does A game mean? What I mean is what if we have two turnovers and they have two turnovers also did either play an A game? Things like not committing penalties, no turnovers, efficient passing/running games, sure tackling, and good special teams are already baked into the winning formula, no? I'm not trying to start a debate or have an argument, it's just that I'm hearing the buzz words more and more recently and I don't know what it means. Whenever my nephew and I go over his tape, we never look at highlights. He asked me why and said I was hating... kids😂 But once I explain to him that I'd rather look at lowlights because obviously something went wrong and there's a correction that needs to be found and questions that need to be answered. Highlights, on the other hand you know what you did because you were rewarded, you'll make a first down, you made the block to spring the runner, you were in the right spot to make a play and so on. So this A game stuff is new to me, hence the question.

To be fair to this guy, as I posted somewhere else, they have not been an underdog against the spread in ANY game since Clemson in 21 was favored by 2.5, so that should be their mentality.

Also, GA won that game too, fwiw. 

Time for us to go and make a statement. 🤘

Edited by Paul Jespersen
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but, seriously what does A game mean? What I mean is what if we have two turnovers and they have two turnovers also did either play an A game? Things like not committing penalties, no turnovers, efficient passing/running games, sure tackling, and good special teams are already baked into the winning formula, no? I'm not trying to start a debate or have an argument, it's just that I'm hearing the buzz words more and more recently and I don't know what it means. Whenever my nephew and I go over his tape, we never look at highlights. He asked me why and said I was hating... kids😂 But once I explain to him that I'd rather look at lowlights because obviously something went wrong and there's a correction that needs to be found and questions that need to be answered. Highlights, on the other hand you know what you did because you were rewarded, you'll make a first down, you made the block to spring the runner, you were in the right spot to make a play and so on. So this A game stuff is new to me, hence the question.

You’re right, it is subjective. A game is just an easy way to put it.  However, more specifically I think yes what you said about good tackling and coverage with the fundamentals in place, and more particular to this game good quarterback play.  Both QBs have had subpar performances and both can play “A” games . So probably should have said the team that plays fundamentally better, has better QB play, and WINS the turnover matgin will win.  It’s still even more complicated than that with coordination on both sides of the ball and gameplan, but I digress. 

Edited by Austalgia
  • Hook 'Em 1