Cedric Baxter & the Running Game

Zacharyhorn

If we had a healthy Cedric Baxter Saturday night, do you think the outcome of the game would have been different?  Maybe we still would have loss the game, but maybe the game would not have gotten away from us so fast.

With Quinn struggling the way he was, would having that 5 star running back to hand off to have been the answer?  A heavy dose of down hill running.  I know Sark likes to set up the run with the pass, but just wondering if having Cedric healthy would have made a difference.  Wisner runs hard but there is a difference in Baxter and Wisner’s abilities.  Blue is super fast, but he is not the most reliable back as far as holding onto the ball, plus he is not built to deliver hits like Gibson, Wisner or even Baxter.  I remember in Sarks first and second year, he relied on Bijan a lot when the quarterbacks were not getting the job done.  I think Bijan had some 30 touches against TCU to win that game for us.  That was Sarks first year.  Then in his second year against Baylor, Bijan ran the ball the entire second half.  Quinn I don’t think attempted a pass.  I know you cannot do that against a team like Georgia, but just wondering if things might have been different if Baxter was available.

I think no Baxter has hurt us in passing game to RB's. GB has very good hands---think first play at Alabama threw him a swing pass.

Our screens to RB's , which has been a strength under Shark...has not really clicked this year. I am not sure why

6 hours ago, Evan Andreolli said:

It was definitely the first game where his loss was truly felt. We had success running between the tackles without him though. The lack of depth is what is really killing us. Tre is like 180 lbs so it's hard to ask him to do that so often.

Gibson is a very effective between the tackle runner and we should have went to him. 

8 hours ago, Evan Andreolli said:

It was definitely the first game where his loss was truly felt. We had success running between the tackles without him though. The lack of depth is what is really killing us. Tre is like 180 lbs so it's hard to ask him to do that so often.

100%, felt the same way driving back after the game. Also, if Wisner catches that pass, it's also likely a different game. Got to maximize every chance the other team gives you.

• Hook 'Em 1