Michigan loses another one

Looks like Michigan lost co-defensive coordinator/defensive backs coach Steve Clinkscale to the Chargers. The spring portal is looking to get pretty active. Texas may have a couple of chances at a solid DT. 

Edited by Jerry K
  • Hook 'Em 8

Unless Moore is just a ridiculously quick riser as a new HC I see Michigan falling off for a bit. Harbaugh cheated his ass off to finally get them their title then fled repercussions and took the staff with him. Moore now has to almost completely replace the staff, keep those players in the fold, and might be staring down some sanctions. All while having a fan base and donor base that just now tasted championship. 

I would not want to be a first time HC coach in that situation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Unless Moore is just a ridiculously quick riser as a new HC I see Michigan falling off for a bit. Harbaugh cheated his ass off to finally get them their title then fled repercussions and took the staff with him. Moore now has to almost completely replace the staff, keep those players in the fold, and might be staring down some sanctions. All while having a fan base and donor base that just now tasted championship. 

I would not want to be a first time HC coach in that situation. 

Yeah I hear you. I’ve heard people say Moore already had his job interview. For me it wasn’t truly a job interview because Harbaugh was only suspended for the game. Moore had everything laid out for him on game day. He did a great job no doubt but for me the jury’s still out. These latest developments gonna test his ability. 

6 minutes ago, Jerry K said:

Yeah I hear you. I’ve heard people say Moore already had his job interview. For me it wasn’t truly a job interview because Harbaugh was only suspended for the game. Moore had everything laid out for him on game day. He did a great job no doubt but for me the jury’s still out. These latest developments gonna test his ability. 

As Texas basketball found out being able to take over for another coach mid season isn't the same as being able to build and maintain a program. He might be able to do it but I can't imagine there won't be bumps in the road and mistakes he makes as a new HC. Even if ends up being very good it could take a few years to get back to title contender level. 

• Hook 'Em 1