With Ryan Grubb in Seattle now ..

7 minutes ago, BurntOrangeHorn said:

..... does Ryan Williams perhaps come to visit Texas this summer after portaling in April?  Sarkisian's offense has to be looking a lot better to him right now.

I don’t think so. I think Texas is focused on 2025 class now.

He would also have to first enter himself in the portal since he signed with Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

I don’t think so. I think Texas is focused on 2025 class now.

He would also have to first enter himself in the portal since he signed with Alabama. 

Like I opined, if he is dissatisfied after Spring practice and enters the portal, I do not think even Texas passes on Williams.

27 minutes ago, BurntOrangeHorn said:

Bama OL Coach leaving for Seattle too, now.  He was formerly the UW OL Coach.

Something is rotten in Tuscaloosa.

I don't think it's a sign of anything rotten. He followed DeBoer but in the end an opportunity to keep himself and his family in Seattle came up for a seemingly lateral position move. When you've gotten used to living on the West Coast going to Alabama probably doesn't sound so good, especially for the wife and kids. 

Saban was Alabama football. People went there just to play for or coach with the guy who brings national championships. DeBoer has done great things in his college career so far but he has a very long way to go before he has that kind of pull, and for many people outside of the deep south Alabama just isn't a desirable place to live. 

Edited by Hermanator

Now it is revealed that the Seahawks were complicit is deluding Alabama recruits that he was the new OC.

https://atozsports.com/nashville/seattle-seahawks-alabama-news-grubb-football/

Seems like the Seahawks intentionally delayed news of Grubb's hiring until the Bama 30 day transfer portal was closed.

I bet there is some fallout this spring.  It will be interesting to see who the new OC is.

Edited by BurntOrangeHorn

7 minutes ago, BurntOrangeHorn said:

Well, the OC is the whole offense.  OL is where the play begins.  If Milroe faces early pressure, he will run more than throw.

I know the OC is the whole offense but the head coach is an offensive mind. I’d think replacing the coach that sets up your blocking scheme for that offense would be a harder hit. He did just coach up the best o line in the country. According to the awards they get.