Hypothetical from C&F

1) OU

2) Georgia

3) A&M

4) Michigan

I personally dislike OU much more than I dislike A&M. The Aggies don't really ever win anything, so it's like listening to a person who knows nothing about economics talk about the economy. Having said that, it's not that OU fans are truly knowledgeable. What's truly annoying about them is that it's Oklahoma. They wouldn't even be able to play nationally competitive college football without the state of Texas. They are literally dependent on the state of Texas for everything, and yet they think they have something to offer. It's like Europeans whining to the US about military defense. How about you get your own military?

Edited by harveycmd
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

1) OU

2) Georgia

3) A&M

4) Michigan

I personally dislike OU much more than I dislike A&M. The Aggies don't really ever win anything, so it's like listening to a person who knows nothing about economics talk about the economy. Having said that, it's not that OU fans are truly knowledgeable. What's truly annoying about them is that it's Oklahoma. They wouldn't even be able to play nationally competitive college football without the state of Texas. They are literally dependent on the state of Texas for everything, and yet they think they have something to offer. It's like Europeans whining to the US about military defense. How about you get your own military?

This was fun to read and well put ! 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators

I'll throw out a sneaky one – Kentucky is an ultra important game to me. It splits two highly emotional contests with Arkansas and A&M. Kentucky is a scrappy, tough team that doesn't beat themselves all too often. Big trap game vibes right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

I'll throw out a sneaky one – Kentucky is an ultra important game to me. It splits two highly emotional contests with Arkansas and A&M. Kentucky is a scrappy, tough team that doesn't beat themselves all too often. Big trap game vibes right now.

I’ve thought the same due to where on the schedule it falls. No easy games in the SEC except Vandy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I am an old man who did not place as much importance on OU game as A&M.  Back in the day Texas coach was judged on his Aggie record. 

Games in order for me. 
Aggies/OU/Georgia/Michigan. 
Maybe most important games for the future of Texas  Georgia/Michigan/ Aggie/ OU. Just from the national recruiting stand point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Lahorns2001 said:

I am an old man who did not place as much importance on OU game as A&M.  Back in the day Texas coach was judged on his Aggie record. 

Games in order for me. 
Aggies/OU/Georgia/Michigan. 
Maybe most important games for the future of Texas  Georgia/Michigan/ Aggie/ OU. Just from the national recruiting stand point. 

I don't think this is universal but...

I think A&M meant more to people from Houston, East Texas and South Texas while OU meant more to people from Dallas, North Texas and West Texas.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

I don't think this is universal but...

I think A&M meant more to people from Houston, East Texas and South Texas while OU meant more to people from Dallas, North Texas and West Texas.

I spent 14 years in DFW,22 years in Houston and the last 7 in central Texas. I think you’re pretty accurate with this! 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can't afford to lose to OU two years in a row.  Losing to UGA would almost be expected (by outsiders anyways) and almost understandable at least by Texas fans.  Also, UGA would most likely would present a rematch in title game to redeem ourselves.  But, obviously, lets just win 'em all! Hook 'Em!

I am going 

1. OU

2. A&M 

You want to own the state of Texas in recruiting, you need to beat your rivals. Keeping these 2 down will help long term. Loses will give each a boost. Lots of downside in these games 

3. Georgia.. not a lot of downside in this game. I will say this could  be the biggest recruiting boost with a win

4. Michigan.. Nice game on national TV on the road. I just don’t see much risk or reward to this game.