Tuesday Morning Recruiting Notes (7:27 a.m.)

• Moderators

Happy Tuesday to all who celebrate! Wanted to share a couple of recruiting notes.

I mentioned yesterday 2025 Alamo Heights ATH Michael Terry III will be attending the Texas Spring Game April 20. With the game kicking off at 1:00 p.m., the Texas staff will host a number of top prospects after on campus at the conclusion of the ballgame.

While attention for Texas fans will head east for the baseball series against TCU at the Disch, the Texas staff will be hosting prospects well into the evening.

I chatted a bit with 2025 North Crowley LB Jonathan Cunningham late last night as well. While there are no specific dates set, Cunningham did say he is trying to get down to campus for a visit in the spring – that could be March or April, again, it is undetermined.

Texas offered Cunningham on February 1.

On the Jonah Williams front, there was a crystal ball entry for him to end up at Oklahoma put in over the weekend. My memory is not tremendous, but I do believe that is now multiple picks entered in favor of the Sooners. Here is where I stand with Williams:

If a decision is reported to be coming soon, it is bad news. If we see this recruitment enter the summer months, it is a new ballgame. Williams likes OU and they are the favorite at the moment. Texas is going to have to get Williams on campus for them to have any sort of chance here. I will say, the decision to recruit Williams as a DB is going to give the Longhorns a bit of assistance here. 

The connection with Brandon Hall and Jay Valai on the Sooner staff is proving to be a major difference maker at the moment. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

We will definitely have OnTexasFootball prospect star rankings 

Glad someone asked. I think a Texas Top 50 would be beneficial from y'all and then maybe a top 5 board at each position as the recruiting calendar comes into focus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If it comes down to Williams choosing Oklahoma because Venables is lying to him by telling him he will play safety, then I say good riddance. If you're that stupid, you need to be at Zero U. Won't matter to us anyway if he thinks he's a safety.

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, harveycmd said:

If it comes down to Williams choosing Oklahoma because Venables is lying to him by telling him he will play safety, then I say good riddance. If you're that stupid, you need to be at Zero U. Won't matter to us anyway if he thinks he's a safety.

He’s a naive teenager being lied to by A LOT of grown men so I’m not surprised.