Washington Commanders Hire William Gay

• Moderators

Texas defensive analyst William Gay will not be making it to spring ball after being hired January 20.

The Washington Commanders have swooped in and snagged the former Steelers analyst only a month into his time as a Longhorn.

Gay is joining the Commanders as an assistant defensive backs coach.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, FootLaw said:

Well that sucks. 

I'd take the NFL coming after our assistants because they are great coaches vs hiring middle of the row guys who stay on the staff forever and get complacent. Sucks it was only a month, but with the success Texas' coaches are having, it should be a good draw 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/15/2024 at 12:16 PM, Realist Horn said:

I'd take the NFL coming after our assistants because they are great coaches vs hiring middle of the row guys who stay on the staff forever and get complacent. Sucks it was only a month, but with the success Texas' coaches are having, it should be a good draw 

Yeah, you definitely want your coaches moving up because it shows quality.  For me, it sucks because I was looking forward to him working with our secondary.  I loved the hire but alas it is no more.