Horns take the series 2-1

29 minutes ago, cmk4pres said:

It's early no doubt. Man there are a lot of questions. Pitching, defense, lineup 

Yeah Friday’s game was surprisingly pretty clean. The last 2 I saw a lot of early season rust. They’re just not in sync yet but to me the talent is there. The bullpen may end up being the strength of the team. 

Keep in mind there has been changes in staff and in roles within the staff. Coach Pierce is pitching coach and no longer the 3rd base coach on offense. Tulo is also a new face at least to some of the players. Pierce could use some consistency with his staff. 

Hopefully it will come together. Time isn’t on their side though. The first 7 games of March is a brutal stretch. 

2 minutes ago, cmk4pres said:

Starting pitching is razor thin 

Yes, very shaky. But it’s early and hopefully we get it together. San Diego was a solid team in all three phases so they challenged us more than I expected. Witt will get better, too talented not to but he clearly is not back yet. Time will tell.