14 Teams Instead of 12?

1 minute ago, codaxx said:

I understand that, but the landscape of CFB changes dramatically this year. OU and Texas to the SEC. Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Washington to the Big 10. There isnt even a Pac 10 going forward. When you are projecting a 16 team playoff for 2024 and beyond, you need to factor that in. It completely changes how things are going to look. 

Okay so you'll have exactly as I descirbed:

4 highest ranked p4 conference champions 1-4

Next highest ranked teams 5-11

12-16 is seeded conference champs based on rankings 

1 minute ago, Texasborn91 said:

Why should they reward non P4 champions? A football season is too short, and there’s not a big enough sample size to include those teams. Making a case for a fringe top 40 team in the playoff is ridiculous. 

Because they do it in FCS and no one complains such as you. They do it in CBB and no one complains. People love the upsets and when an upset happens it will be major news for the sport and talk shows about the sport. It will bring in more engagement from the CFB landscape across the country. Cinderella's are great stories and fun to watch even for casual fans.

Playoff expansion dilutes the regular season. For example, Michigan vs Ohio State regular season game loses its vigor if outcome doesn’t matter if they both safely make playoff and can play again in Big 10 champ and play a third time in playoff. 

As Late Kick Josh Pate explains well: huge part of College Football’s traditional appeal was importance of each and every regular season game, not the postseason. If i wanted a sport that was fully focused on prioritizing postseason tournament we have that in college basketball (where regular season matters minimally). But we don’t want college football to be college basketball model

47 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

Okay so you'll have exactly as I descirbed:

4 highest ranked p4 conference champions 1-4

Next highest ranked teams 5-11

12-16 is seeded conference champs based on rankings 

Because they do it in FCS and no one complains such as you. They do it in CBB and no one complains. People love the upsets and when an upset happens it will be major news for the sport and talk shows about the sport. It will bring in more engagement from the CFB landscape across the country. Cinderella's are great stories and fun to watch even for casual fans.

Welcome to the new NIL universe.  There are no more Cinderellas. You can watch Cinderella in your free time. I want to watch the best football teams playing. 

18 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Welcome to the new NIL universe.  There are no more Cinderellas. You can watch Cinderella in your free time. I want to watch the best football teams playing. 

All the best are still playing in the bracket I posted. You have quite literally the top 11 teams in the country rounded out by the 5 best non p4 champions. 

So it's basically the 12 team format but instead of one g6 team you have 5. 

Edited by Hashtag