What does Texas have to do to make the NCAA Tournament after win at Texas Tech?

39 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Texas hasn't won more than two Big 12 games in a row this season. I would put the chances of winning four in a row to end the regular season at 10-15%. 

Maybe I'll be proven wrong!

With how this team has played lately, they would probably lose to OSU and then go beat Baylor. I think 10-8 is doable now, Baylor doesn't play great defense and is missing a key rotational player. They also play KU on Saturday at home then have the quick turnaround on Monday.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

I'm still on the fence about that ejection. But it was worth it for the resulting clown show we got. Any time the opposing coach has to get on the mic, that's fun. 

It was definitely a flagrant but I can see the argument over a 1 or 2. It's right in that borderline where I can see either way being justified. They're running after the ball and it's a shoulder check as opposed to the blatant elbows and punches we've seen this year, but at the same time he's not going for the ball and intentionally checking him into the table. Flagrant, but not really looking to injure. 

I have a feeling that play doesn't happen against a BYU or even TCU. That seemed to be a shot moreso to Joey McGuire's mouth as well as Yormark than to the tech player. 

Joey needs to retire the pep talks to the fans. It got his ass handed to him by 50 in Austin and now he's getting their basketball team destroyed at home.

• Moderators

The 2023 Sweet 16 ... crazy how many of the teams are either out of 2024 tournament or on bubble right now ...

Miami (Fla) - out

Kansas State - out 

Xavier - out 

Arkansas - out 

UCLA - out 

Michigan State - bubble

Gonzaga - bubble 

Princeton - maybe

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thatdude2 said:

Texas will not lose again

Would be a hell of a finish for a very inconsistent team to this point. As small as the chance, would make for a different look headed into March Madness ... Texas would be a 7/6 seed if they won out to end regular season. 

14 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

UCLA - out 

What a weird year it's been for that school. 

I visited their campus waaaay back when I was in high school, and ever since it's always amazed me that they don't dominate in every sport. (Pepperdine's campus wasn't too shabby either... practically hanging over the Pacific ocean.)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

What a weird year it's been for that school. 

I visited their campus waaaay back when I was in high school, and ever since it's always amazed me that they don't dominate in every sport. (Pepperdine's campus wasn't too shabby either... practically hanging over the Pacific ocean.)

I was there last summer ... amazing campus and area. But so expensive to be a college student too. 

Mick Cronin got hit with some losses in portal recruiting that impacted this season IMO

On 2/28/2024 at 7:06 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

I'm just going to throw this out there because I don't think anybody has lol. I think Brock was actually making or trying to make a basketball play by diving & saving the ball from going out of bounds. I don't think he knew or thought #5 was right there. It looked way worse than it did & 5 got his feelings hurt....keep it mind horns were up 25 at this point....a lot of frustration from all Tech players. 

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Hookem97 said:

I'm just going to throw this out there because I don't think anybody has lol. I think Brock was actually making or trying to make a basketball play by diving & saving the ball from going out of bounds. I don't think he knew or thought #5 was right there. It looked way worse than it did & 5 got his feelings hurt....keep it mind horns were up 25 at this point....a lot of frustration from all Tech players. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you. He did both lol 

• Hook 'Em 1

It looked to me like at the last second Brock realized he was about to get run over, and did a preemptive shoulder check. I would not have called that a flagrant 2. To me that's reserved for punching dudes in the face, taking guys' legs out while they're in the air, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

It looked to me like at the last second Brock realized he was about to get run over, and did a preemptive shoulder check. I would not have called that a flagrant 2. To me that's reserved for punching dudes in the face, taking guys' legs out while they're in the air, etc.

I'm with you on that @Red Five definitely didn't perform any Draymond Green moves lol.