16 team playoff

1 hour ago, Shane said:

14-16 to many teams imo. I agree with you on 8 teams. 

All it does is open up the possibility of more lopsided playoff games. I fear this will make the regular season less important over times with certain games. I remember a time when making the playoffs was considered a big deal. Now you gotta at least make the final 4 in order for a season to be considered a success for some teams . 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

All it does is open up the possibility of more lopsided playoff games. I fear this will make the regular season less important over times with certain games. I remember a time when making the playoffs was considered a big deal. Now you gotta at least make the final 4 in order for a season to be considered a success for some teams . 

You couldn’t be more correct. It’s all about the dollars 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

It's hilarious to see this bullshite when every sport in the NCAA is a playoff usually with 64 teams. Regular season games are still very important to the teams that want to make the playoffs from the other conferences, and for the best teams it means a bye or hosting a playoff game at home both are very important things. 16 teams is fine. I never understand people advocating for less college football.

Edited by Neil Leininger

21 hours ago, Neil Leininger said:

It's hilarious to see this bullshite when every sport in the NCAA is a playoff usually with 64 teams. Regular season games are still very important to the teams that want to make the playoffs from the other conferences, and for the best teams it means a bye or hosting a playoff game at home both are very important things. 16 teams is fine. I never understand people advocating for less college football.

Less injuries + the value of chasing undefeated seasons (in the last sport where it's feasible).

Edited by WholeLottaHookEm

On 3/14/2024 at 9:43 PM, Neil Leininger said:

And most every other sport play almost three times the game football does. Do you think a three loss team is the best team in the league? That's what has been special about football is that the best team win the championship, not a Cinderella story imo. I don't want college football being like all other sports. If you looked at the championship weekend last year, the top 8 teams were the only ones really in contention, why go beyond that?