Texas Baseball

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Texas84 said:

Anyone know what happens to Swindell and Moreland? Hope they do SEC games.

To my knowledge, they haven't been given a new assignment yet. Which sucks. I'll try to get an update on this, however.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Texas84 said:

Anyone know what happens to Swindell and Moreland? Hope they do SEC games.

Me too. I’ve learned a ton just listening to those two. Gonna be fun watching Zeke call the game from the Yeti yard tonight. That’s one I wish I could make. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators

Also think it’s BS that Oklahoma State gets number 2 by default because they played 2 less games and have one less loss, even though they have one less win. 

Oklahoma State: 19-9

Texas 20-10

And now they get a first round bye. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

Also think it’s BS that Oklahoma State gets number 2 by default because they played 2 less games and have one less loss, even though they have one less win. 

Texas 20-10

Agree I was shocked to see the 3 seed. Guess wins and losses and head to head wins doesn’t matter anymore 

3 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

Texas 20-10

@Blake Munroe If I'm reading the bracket right, It will take 4 wins regardless for both the 2 and 3 seed. 

And I'd rather play our first round game versus the 10 seed than them, who will most likely face the 5/8 seed in the first round. 

1 hour ago, Justin Counts said:

@Blake Munroe If I'm reading the bracket right, It will take 4 wins regardless for both the 2 and 3 seed. 

And I'd rather play our first round game versus the 10 seed than them, who will most likely face the 5/8 seed in the first round. 

The 2 seed gets an extra day rest for their first starter though.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators

Some offensive numbers (team wise) for Texas as of today and where they rank in the NCAA amongst D1 schools. 

BA: .290 (93)

OBP: .378 (174)

SLG PCT: .533 (22)

122 doubles (155)

106 home runs (12)

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

Texas 20-10

Don't lose to BYU 🤷‍♂️

23 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

Texas 20-10

They went with percentage. Ridiculous, but I guess it's in the rules?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Steindam Hall said:

Amen!  This team proved they can beat most anybody, but they also lost way, way to often to nobody. 🫤

I don't think they proved that at all. 0fer the SEC kinda says they can't beat most anybody and 2 of the 3 SEC teams Texas lost to were both 13-17 in their conference.

Edited by Neil Leininger

22 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

I don't think they proved that at all. 0fer the SEC kinda says they can't beat most anybody and 2 of the 3 SEC teams Texas lost to were both 13-17 in their conference.

Yeah I have doubts if this Texas team makes the SEC tournament tbh

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t watch baseball at all but I do find this thread very funny and entertaining, but I do have a question is Texas baseball good or bad? I see bad everyday from the fans but then I see results and they seem good 3 seed in tournament but should be 2 seed, top 25 team ,sophomore player of the year ,9 all team big 12 players what is it good or bad?

Edited by Daniel Lovell

9 hours ago, Daniel Lovell said:

I don’t watch baseball at all but I do find this thread very funny and entertaining, but I do have a question is Texas baseball good or bad? I see bad everyday from the fans but then I see results and they seem good 3 seed in tournament but should be 2 seed, top 25 team ,sophomore player of the year ,9 all team big 12 players what is it good or bad?

We're good for the Big 12 because the Big 12 is bad....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, NoDakHornsFan said:

@Blake Munroe Is Max draft eligible this year like Flores and JT?

No, but just barely.

Players are eligible three years after first enrolling at a four year university, or after their 21st birthdays (whichever occurs first). So no by the first criteria, as he's only a sophomore. He's also 20 years and 5 months old and will be 20 years and 7 months old for this year's draft.

One more year!

• Hook 'Em 1