Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
17 hours ago, hookem1014 said:

Maybe not a star, but Gianni Spetic has been great so far. I was iffy about him coming in based on his previous stats but he’s been money. 

His consistency has been a cornerstone on ST.

Posted
17 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

You have no idea how it was handled behind the scenes. Not do you need to know...     I take it you are out on Texas football now?

Amen @MBHORNSFAN.  These are young men.  Mistakes happen.  They learn from them, and are better going forward.  We do not normally act out like that, and I have seen other teams do so consistently.  I trust in the coaching staff.  🤘

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Clifton said:

I’ll say this, none of us know what was said or wasn’t said this morning. 
 

I never played college football, but I was in the military for 23 years and delivered some of the biggest ass chewings behind closed doors. 
 

I personally think that *some* of you are taking this a little beyond what I would, but people are allowed to feel however they want. 
 

There is irony though in the “these guys need to grow up” and proceeding to throw personal insults on a message board towards strangers afterwards. 😂

Amen, @Clifton.

I'm an old now; if I had a nickel for every time I did some bone head thing when I wore a younger mans clothes...👀

Edited by PaulieD
  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
16 hours ago, Alex Butler said:

Agree! These guys also get to see a leader make a mistake, take ownership, and hold themselves and others to a higher standard. When that happens it’ll be a big positive step for this whole team. Mistakes happen it’s how we respond that show our true character. 

Amen, Alex.  Mistakes are actually helpful, we learn from them, grow stronger.  

We've beat this horse to death, need to move on.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
20 hours ago, Drew Saenz said:

Colin Simmons does not deserve to be heralded after his antics. Lost a lot of fans.

He made up for it with the 5.5 sacks & has never been in trouble or in the news chill with comedy 

Posted
1 hour ago, UT_Ro said:

He made up for it with the 5.5 sacks & has never been in trouble or in the news chill with comedy 

I disagree. A couple of negative plays don't make up for the needless selfishness. From the highest paid player and leader we expect more. Doesn't get a pass from me. Beyond the bad gameplay, it was embarrassing to himself and the university. All for what, the meme?

Posted
3 hours ago, PaulieD said:

Amen, Alex.  Mistakes are actually helpful, we learn from them, grow stronger.  

We've beat this horse to death, need to move on.

But he's not really being held accountable. I'm very much in the minority that thinks this is a bigger deal than people want to admit, which is why I keep hammering it. This team's number 1 problem is discipline. Starts with the leaders. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Drew Saenz said:

Colin Simmons does not deserve to be heralded after his antics. Lost a lot of fans.


 

 colin simmons had what i say was a mel gibson Patriot revenge moment !!!

where he had a machete just choppin away over the final dead Redcoat as his chilren looked on… blood everywhere

he won .. he survived…saved the Longhorn nation …, yes he could have stopped choppin on dead soldier 10 secs earlier 

He is on my Team forever.  I will use the Bill Parcels spproach to take out the piss n vinegar he has overflowing with.., not sure that method but would invent and apply as i imagine Parcels would discipline him with

Add a lil of that freakin Meanes to our OL and ugot a freakin Team. 
.

 

Edited by Joe Naural
Posted
1 hour ago, Drew Saenz said:

I disagree. A couple of negative plays don't make up for the needless selfishness. From the highest paid player and leader we expect more. Doesn't get a pass from me. Beyond the bad gameplay, it was embarrassing to himself and the university. All for what, the meme?

Bro you act like you never did something dumb at 21 years old plus he could careless of what you think he's paid & about to be a top 10 pick

Posted

In a strange way, these penalties can help the coaches, and team leaders, push the players to execute at a higher level. Bye weeks after a win can be dangerous as all the team hears is how we’re number 1. Now their hearing they have to be better.

also, I wouldn’t want to be Collin after reading his Mom’s post apologizing, that’s not how he was raised, and she couldn’t wait to tear into him!

Posted
4 hours ago, UT_Ro said:

Bro you act like you never did something dumb at 21 years old plus he could careless of what you think he's paid & about to be a top 10 pick

I’m not the star player on the #1 team in the country with TEXAS emblazoned on my chest representing the largest living alumni base in the country. 

Again - when you’re paid that much to know and abide by the rules, you’re going to be held accountable. No individual is above the team. 

Yeah, I’m a random fan. My opinion won’t make it to him, but I’m going to say it and push back when people make bad arguments/excuses for bad play. I wish I could care less* and remember the amazing performance, but it’s tainted for me. It’ll just be the PeeGate game. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.