Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
19 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

If Texas stays healthy enough 2-3 seed is ceiling

If they have to deal with any extended injuries, probably 4-5

you don't think they are good enough for a 1 seed?  I think if we can figure things out, the sky is the limit for this team.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

Love the content that LHN is putting out, especially for the training camps.  I hope they continue this for the spring sports and start to include more of the women's sports.

  • Thanks 2
Posted
Just now, Rocky P said:

you don't think they are good enough for a 1 seed?  I think if we can figure things out, the sky is the limit for this team.

Florida, Duke, Illinois, and UConn are probably gonna be the four #1 seeds, but Texas could be the top #2 seed.

  • Moderators
Posted
27 minutes ago, Bootleghorn said:

Gerry, who’s the one player we can’t lose to an extended injury?  

There is good depth, so if you lost a key piece for some time … they could keep it together and keep building. 
 

Obviously, late season injuries are another story 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Moderators
Posted

Want to add this … because media types or people on X will take what Sean Miller said about free throws and expect Texas to be an 85% FT shooting team 

That’s not reality. 27,800 unguarded free throws (meaning no crowd, no pressure, no TV, etc…) is just so different.

All the returning players that played college basketball last year combined to hit 72% last season.

If there are 2-3 guys that make marginal improvements… Texas could go over 75% as a team.

My goal is 74-74.5% … Texas would be taking advantage of being a team that will be top 3 in high major ball in FT attempts per game 

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Moderators
Posted
44 minutes ago, Rocky P said:

you don't think they are good enough for a 1 seed?  I think if we can figure things out, the sky is the limit for this team.

I believe 3 No. 1 seeds are already accounted for barring major injuries 

Duke

Florida 

Illinois 

One spot left … I’m not sure this UConn team is as talented as past FF teams, but Hurley is great too 

Posted
9 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I believe 3 No. 1 seeds are already accounted for barring major injuries 

Duke

Florida 

Illinois 

One spot left … I’m not sure this UConn team is as talented as past FF teams, but Hurley is great too 

I have some doubt about Illinois too. Guards are most important in cbb and I'm not sure about their lead guard play. Not saying they'll be bad or anything, I just wonder if it limits their ceiling. 

  • Moderators
Posted
1 hour ago, GQ03 said:

I have some doubt about Illinois too. Guards are most important in cbb and I'm not sure about their lead guard play. Not saying they'll be bad or anything, I just wonder if it limits their ceiling. 

I’m going to push back a little … Michigan didn’t win the NC last year because of point guard/lead guard. Not you, but many people, tried to give Elliott Cadeau too much credit for Michigan last year. Anyone think Michigan will win it again this year without 3 lottery picks at C, PF and F gone? Plus a great offensive coach in Dusty May gone. He operated in perfect space and situation last year, and with all game plan eyes on other players. You could have put 10-15 different college PG’s on that team with similar skill set, and the result would have been the same IMO. 

Florida won the NC with a combo guard playing role as lead guard two years ago. 

But on Illinois, me too a little … because Coleman is a freshman. So he’s got to prove it. But he’s just got to build over time because the parts around him are so good. Adding Vaaks perimeter ability to that roster too gives them spacing help they didn’t have last year. Their parts are so good, and college/European pro experienced. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I’m going to push back a little … Michigan didn’t win the NC last year because of point guard/lead guard. Not you, but many people, tried to give Elliott Cadeau too much credit for Michigan last year. Anyone think Michigan will win it again this year without 3 lottery picks at C, PF and F gone? Plus a great offensive coach in Dusty May gone. He operated in perfect space and situation last year, and with all game plan eyes on other players. You could have put 10-15 different college PG’s on that team with similar skill set, and the result would have been the same IMO. 

Florida won the NC with a combo guard playing role as lead guard two years ago. 

But on Illinois, me too a little … because Coleman is a freshman. So he’s got to prove it. But he’s just got to build over time because the parts around him are so good. Adding Vaaks perimeter ability to that roster too gives them spacing help they didn’t have last year. Their parts are so good, and college/European pro experienced. 

Vaaks was a turnover machine last year at Providence. Maybe Underwood's offense helps him, but it's not a forgone conclusion that he simply cleans up his game. Coleman may be pretty good. He may not. The key here is that if those two don't play well, they don't really have other options.

Last I checked, neither Fland nor Aberdeen at Florida were consistent shooters or smooth initiators. Haugh is highly overrated. Condon's a bricklayer. They can rebound and play defense, but they have serious spacing wing issues (offensively and defensively). 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.