INTERIOR DLINE

How much concern should there be with the string of misses on the interior D Line?  At some point Texas is going to have to do a better job with HS recruiting at this position.  They will not be able to live in the portal here forever.  Texas needs a few Saturdays (good college player) and a Sunday ( NFL guy) or 2 to go along with Mr. January.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I see plenty of the world ended comments elsewhere lol it’ll be ok Sark knows what it takes to win championships. I think he leaves Texas with no less than 2. 

Neg Nancy comments incoming lol

• Hook 'Em 3

While I have a ton of confidence in Sark, I do not believe you can continue loosing these recruitments and praying at the last moment there will be a couple left to get.  Not negative Nancy, just reality.  You may get 1 but how many D Lineman does Texas need?  Honest question.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 OOS go elswhere, it happens. When TX was top 10, Mack didn't target and get OOS recruits often.

But agree with your general position.

Must say, TX knew it would be difficult for Baker in yr 1. Baker is 1 or 2 years behind other IDL coaches with building relationships. Baker doesn't have the established track record of development at the power level. Needs to show IDL development and recruit through the whistle.

Bo Davis didn't do us any recruiting favors. Like this year, it's definitely portal time after this season since we failed to get enough top recruits when Davis was here. 

I have my concerns going forward but if we get some IDL development,  hold on to Brown, land Sanders and maybe flip somebody we will be on our way.

Litmus test for Baker as a recruiter is 2026 IDL results. NO EXCUSES FOR IDL IN 2026.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, watty7796 said:

While I have a ton of confidence in Sark, I do not believe you can continue loosing these recruitments and praying at the last moment there will be a couple left to get.  Not negative Nancy, just reality.  You may get 1 but how many D Lineman does Texas need?  Honest question.

I’m not saying it’s not a worry. I just see so many comments like the world stopped. DL recruiting isn’t for the weak. I think Sark hired the right guy in baker. If I’m wrong I’ll eat crow! I just have a gut feeling Texas will be ok 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shane said:

I’m not saying it’s not a worry. I just see so many comments like the world stopped. DL recruiting isn’t for the weak. I think Sark hired the right guy in baker. If I’m wrong I’ll eat crow! I just have a gut feeling Texas will be ok 

I think Texas will be OK this year it's the next 2 or 3 I'm worried about.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Dose of reality is a good term. Never gonna get everyone.

True.  But, unfortunately, they've struck out more often than they've hit at DT the past 3 years.  Whatever their strategy and process has been, they need to review it and make changes.  They've failed repeatedly at HS recruiting at the position over that time and it's looking similar in this cycle.  They need to fix it.