Please Consider...

A small donation to this great cause.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/freerhs-halloffameparade

Freer High School is trying to raise the funds to send its HS band to the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction of its most famous graduate, UT alum Steve McMichael.

They are not looking for a lot of money. About $20,000 to send 30+ kids up to Canton, Ohio on a bus and back. Freer is a small, rural community. Every little bit helps. I donated personally, as did Steve McMichael's wife.

Pls consider helping if you can.

• Hook 'Em 23

Many years ago I coached at Santa Maria HS, located a few miles north of the Mexican border in the RGV. Anyway, we were in the same district as Freer one year I was there. We finished our pregame warmup and were on the sideline waiting for the National Anthem and the school schools. The sun was setting and as the Freer team came running out to line up on their sideline they blocked out the setting sun. I had never seen as large a team at the 2A level ever before. They were freaking huge. We had 18 players on our team and they were close to 50 players. Needless to say we lost and lost big.
Congrats to Bam Bam and good luck to the band. I donated. 

• Hook 'Em 2