Note on Dakorien Moore (3:15 pm CST)

8 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

For me, the second you start calling schools and telling them you aren’t coming - the word leaks quickly 

If nobody has called a school, how are the Oregon and Texas sites hearing “buzz”?  Don’t get. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Orngblud05 said:

If nobody has called a school, how are the Oregon and Texas sites hearing “buzz”?  Don’t get. 

I’m only listening to the Texas “buzz.” Ignorance is bliss 

7 minutes ago, Orngblud05 said:

It’s their sources at schools going off what Dakorien and his circle has said to them. Also could be Dakoriens circle being a source for the reporter and giving positive comments towards that team 

All the people that know what he’s thinking are hilarious. It’s a high school kid making a decision for himself. There’s no telling what’s going on unless you’re him 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll tell you what’s going down.  He’s choosing Texas. He has been the whole time.  He sets a date knowing that Oregon is a gigantic thorn in the side of Texas and leaks positive vague vibes to Oregon. Oregon sees its chance puts max NIL on table. He bluffs to Texas saying well you know.. Oregons got me this amount of NIL. Texas won’t lose NIL on the recruiting jewel. Maybe it will on some defensive tackle whether we agree with that or not, but not the jewel.  He accepts the counter offer but not publicly. Maybe makes some vague leak to the Oregon press that Texas is charging!!!  Picks Texas. Cue the fight song. 

if I’m wrong I’ll eat crow.  But if not, well played DKM. Well played. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

I’ll tell you what’s going down.  He’s choosing Texas. He has been the whole time.  He sets a date knowing that Oregon is a gigantic thorn in the side of Texas and leaks positive vague vibes to Oregon. Oregon sees its chance puts max NIL on table. He bluffs to Texas saying well you know.. Oregons got me this amount of NIL. Texas won’t lose NIL on the recruiting jewel. Maybe it will on some defensive tackle whether we agree with that or not, but not the jewel.  He accepts the counter offer but not publicly. Maybe makes some vague leak to the Oregon press that Texas is charging!!!  Picks Texas. Cue the fight song. 

if I’m wrong I’ll eat crow.  But if not, well played DKM. Well played. 

You’ve qualified for the mental gymnastics, congratulations 

One thing that has never changed: fans lose their absolute f-ing minds in these situations. Pessimists with no insider info convinced he's going to Oregon, optimists with no insider info confidently predicting Texas. LMAO. 

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Moore to pick Texas tonight. We should not lose this battle. But everyone...

snl-simma-down-now.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

When a recruit is playing the NIL game,  I guess the only thing the school has to go on is what the recruit tells them?

If that's true,  I'm glad Texas has a limit on how much they want to go.

If you can't find a true market value for the product you just have to set it for yourself, but,  if you keep losing players then you have to raise.  

9 minutes ago, BigPickleTexas said:

IMG_2991.jpeg

Sark getting stuffed in a locker in historic fashion if this actually happens. In state priority target taken from underneath you from a defensive HC from 1500 miles away. Embarrassing in all honesty. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

One thing that has never changed: fans lose their absolute f-ing minds in these situations. Pessimists with no insider info convinced he's going to Oregon, optimists with no insider info confidently predicting Texas. LMAO. 

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Moore to pick Texas tonight. We should not lose this battle. But everyone...

snl-simma-down-now.gif

Spot on, well said. 

19 minutes ago, Bonaparte said:

Recruiting has become such a joke.  Why recruit?  Just get an agency to work out contracts with these recruits.

If he goes to Oregon, it won’t be solely about the money.

Texas will have been outrecruited IMO. Recruiting definitely still matters.

Remember what I’ve been saying from the start: the color of everybody’s money is the exact same. These recruits are essentially free agents and free agents choose where they want to go.

If he chooses Texas over Oregon or vice versa, it’ll be because that school did a better job recruiting him IMO.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Sark getting stuffed in a locker in historic fashion if this actually happens. In state priority target taken from underneath you from a defensive HC from 1500 miles away. Embarrassing in all honesty. 

I totally agree.  Texas was by far the best fit for him.  

1 minute ago, Bobby Burton said:

Remember what I’ve been saying from the start, the color of everybody’s money is the exact same. These guys are free agents and free agents choose where they want to go.

I don’t buy this, at all.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

This has nothing to do with Sark. Oregon will likely add Trey McNutt and DJ Pickett in the next few weeks. Depending on the service, that would give them 6 5 stars.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Remember what I’ve been saying from the start: the color of everybody’s money is the exact same. These recruits are essentially free agents and free agents choose where they want to go.

If he chooses Texas over Oregon or vice versa, it’ll be because that school did a better job recruiting him IMO.

If he passes on the best offensive mind in college football and quarterback like Arch Manning to play for a defensive head coach nearly 1500 miles from home…..money has to be the biggest factor IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

If we get outrecruited on this one then there would seem to be an uncomfortable trend starting in that regard. This recruiting cycle has been much more unsure than previous cycles. I don’t know if sark and staff are doing something different or if they need to do something different to adjust. I understand that these are big boy recruitments but we are finishing second too much 

• Hook 'Em 1