Texas Recruiting

Starting with the defensive side of the ball and now loosing out on DK Moore....Texas recruiting is a dumpster fire over the past couple of weeks...The whole recruiting thru the whistle means you are recruiting from behind and I believe the chickens are coming home to roost for this slow slow slow pace Texas has chosen to take.  They need to get it fixed or they are in serious trouble.

9 minutes ago, watty7796 said:

Starting with the defensive side of the ball and now loosing out on DK Moore....Texas recruiting is a dumpster fire over the past couple of weeks...The whole recruiting thru the whistle means you are recruiting from behind and I believe the chickens are coming home to roost for this slow slow slow pace Texas has chosen to take.  They need to get it fixed or they are in serious trouble.

You maybe or you maybe wrong. I side with wrong. Texas recruiting since Sark got here has been outstanding. The fact we lost several key recruits, at the last minute, stings to be sure. However, it is not the end of the world. Tomorrow morning I will get up and watch Coffee and Football, the sun wise rise and life will go on. Dk followed his heart (which I know from personal experience doesn’t always work) instead of his head. In a few days another recruit will chose Texas and we will all feel better. DK will not make or break this team. Do not let him break you. 

5 minutes ago, Robert Gilbert said:

You maybe or you maybe wrong. I side with wrong. Texas recruiting since Sark got here has been outstanding. The fact we lost several key recruits, at the last minute, stings to be sure. However, it is not the end of the world. Tomorrow morning I will get up and watch Coffee and Football, the sun wise rise and life will go on. Dk followed his heart (which I know from personal experience doesn’t always work) instead of his head. In a few days another recruit will chose Texas and we will all feel better. DK will not make or break this team. Do not let him break you. 

Tomorrow another recruit will not pick Texas so yes recruiting is a dumpster fire right now. Will it get better yes but what happened to winning on the field will help with recruiting 

• Hook 'Em 2

I by no means will let my Fandom of the Longhorns wane.  I'm simply saying that this line of thru the whistle or in Sark we trust is homerism and far from reality.  Both of these mean behind the 8 ball in recruiting...that is alarming.  Winning on the field helps with this however NIL and development thus NFL opportunity is what drives recruits to sign.  There are few that sign because of any allegiance to the school.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

His laid back approach doesn’t lock down recruits, his message dang sure isn’t striking home right now . Until a coach is fired and or a team isn’t winning and recruits decide to open things back up.  

Edited by TexasLonghorns
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

His laid back approach doesn’t lock down recruits, his message dang sure isn’t striking home right now . Until a coach is fired and or a team isn’t winning and recruits decide to open things back up.  

His ‘laid back approach’ worked on Arch, Wingo, Baker, and dozens of more top recruits. DK followed his heart, which I think will be a mistake. Gerry believes that DK will stick with this decision and maybe he is correct. Or maybe DK’s mother, grandmother, and friends will work on him and get him to change his mind. IDK. But I do know that Sark and UT are better suited for the long run than Oregon and Lanning are at this minute. Lanning could/might leave next season. Oregon’s OC could/might leave after this season. No telling where Samples will be next year (four jobs in four years). Sark already turned down the job (Alabama) he would leave UT to take (short of a NFL job). 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, watty7796 said:

I by no means will let my Fandom of the Longhorns wane.  I'm simply saying that this line of thru the whistle or in Sark we trust is homerism and far from reality.  Both of these mean behind the 8 ball in recruiting...that is alarming.  Winning on the field helps with this however NIL and development thus NFL opportunity is what drives recruits to sign.  There are few that sign because of any allegiance to the school.

When I use that term ... it's not just about trying to flip guys. It's about the entire process, as I have said many times. It's not jumping on a "B list of recruits", and sticking on your top targets - that could be guys that their process goes longer than ideally expected by the staffs, senior evaluations and not settling, flipping guys you lost out on initially. 

The 2024 cycle included these senior season additions to the class:

Brandon Baker

Kobe Black

Aaron Butler - senior offer

Xavier Filsame - senior offer, flip from Florida

Wardell Mack - flip from Florida

Tyanthony Smith - flip from A&M after coaching change

That's not just trying to flip guys. It's all of it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said:

lol some of you need to get a grip 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm just as frustrated as any other fan and I'm sure the coaches as well.

I took a step back and did yard work this morning, now as I think about it, it's not like the coaches are losing recruits to everyone, they are in the thick of things vs everyone.  Oregon is on a hot roll, how and why, we don't know for sure (though we can guess).

Other schools have also lost on the same recruits to Oregon ... OSU, LSU, etc.

Would Texas rather be #1 right now in recruiting?  Sure, but like a previous poster said, the sky isn't falling.  Similar to what Royal said, go win with the guys you have.

When Texas lost out on Adrian Peterson, the sky didn't fall, they eventually won the national championship while Peterson watched at home.

• Hook 'Em 1

The term "dumpster fire" is pure hyperbole.

Dumpster fire is when all hope is lost; it's Sumlin at A&M late or Jimbo Fisher the same.

Sark is not out to lunch here. He's there and working, he's also coming off a CFP appearance, double digit picks in the NFL draft, and a team that looks fit for the SEC.

Things don't go your way sometimes. That doesn't make it a friggin' dumpster fire. 

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

The term "dumpster fire" is pure hyperbole.

Dumpster fire is when all hope is lost; it's Sumlin at A&M late or Jimbo Fisher the same.

Sark is not out to lunch here. He's there and working, he's also coming off a CFP appearance, double digit picks in the NFL draft, and a team that looks fit for the SEC.

Things don't go your way sometimes. That doesn't make it a friggin' dumpster fire. 

What I said and I stand by is "over the last couple of weeks recruiting has been a dumpster fire."  Texas has missed on every interior DL recruit, there's still 1 on the board from ovs so maybe 1 will commit.  DB is another spot that has lost quite a bit 8 OVs 1 commit 4 off the board Anding likely to LSU, so 3 left on the board.  LB may be a bright spot if they get Faraimo and Cunningham with Barnes already commited . 1 commit, Pettijohn likely to A&M.  They missed out on DK Moore, the good news is there is still a ton of talent in the WR OVs that haven't committed so there's a good chance Texas walks away with the guys they want outside of Moore.  As I've laid out no matter how it's spun, the last couple of weeks are not in any way good to be polite.   As you know a huge part of recruiting is momentum and at the moment Texas has none.