Gerry As a Guest

Gerry is getting dissed over there too. Eric and Justin are being super defensive constantly claiming they already covered something when a user posts a tweet. Sometimes claims are accurate, sometimes disingenuous. Humidor sucks now. Users are scooping mods. Seems unstable. Content suffering although Ian’s being consistent…if you care for his content.  Most of all I really, really want to edit the articles. That’s probably a me thing caused by editing legal briefs in law school but at least use active voice.

• Hook 'Em 2

Guys,

I didn't like the me-versus-them mentality when it started, and I don't like it now.

All I truly want this place to be about is:

The Longhorns. And our fandom surrounding the Horns. That's it.

I'm too old for micro drama and chest-puffing about websites.

As for Gerry, he's one of my best friends in life. Never say never, so I say just not today. 

• Hook 'Em 33
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Guys,

I didn't like the me-versus-them mentality when it started, and I don't like it now.

As for Gerry, he's one of my best friends in life. Never say never, so I say just not today. 

That's the perfect attitude to have about these situations Bobby. Kudos to you again sir.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

Guys,

So…tomorrow?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

Guys,

Great answer, Bobby.  Thank you.🫡

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Guys,

The future is bright, enjoying what you’re building and what things will look like soon enough! 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, McRib said:

The future is bright, enjoying what you’re building and what things will look like soon enough! 

Request for a couple of you.

Can you guys add a profile pic or gif to your profile?

It's fun being able to identify people by their username and their profile pics.

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Request for a couple of you.

Can you guys add a profile pic or gif to your profile?

It's fun being able to identify people by their username and their profile pics.

Changed mine to the USA Baseball Field that is my home town. Hope to see Blake's son play there one day.

• Hook 'Em 1

Things change and best to all. I enjoy different personalities and perspectives. Enough room for all. Nobody knows what all took place and don't need to unless all parties want to tell it.

There has been a lot of pettiness at IT and hate that. Guys saying things they never said when Bobby and Gerry were there. Soft imo. But just moving forward and appreciate how BB has handled it. And yeah Gerry is awesome. He and Bobby will interact with you without being a constant smart ass which is rare. Continued success🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Guys,

Bobby,

I am glad you finally said something.  For the split to happen virtually overnight, was a shock to the system of long time viewers.  Really enjoy the view from a Texas Ex with inside information and sad to see Gerry's expertise get blocked from On Texas and Inside Texas but I will say CJ is doing a bang up job.  Hopefully Gerry can be a guest at some point.  Hate to see it all come down to money.  I did cancel my Inside Texas membership as soon as I found out about the split.  Take that Nahlin.  Hook'em class of '80

Edited by Paul
  • Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Paul said:

Bobby,

I am glad you finally said something.  For the split to happen virtually overnight, was a shock to the system of long time viewers.  Really enjoy the view from a Texas Ex with inside information and sad to see Gerry's expertise get blocked from On Texas and Inside Texas but I will say CJ is doing a bang up job.  Hopefully Gerry can be a guest at some point.  Hate to see it all come down to money.  I did cancel my Inside Texas membership as soon as I found out about the split.  Take that Nahlin.  Hook'em class of '80

Yeah, hopefully Gerry can be a guest at some point 😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:51 AM, Bobby Burton said:

Guys,

First class ! 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:00 AM, UtBlaw said:

Gerry is getting dissed over there too. Eric and Justin are being super defensive constantly claiming they already covered something when a user posts a tweet. Sometimes claims are accurate, sometimes disingenuous. Humidor sucks now. Users are scooping mods. Seems unstable. Content suffering although Ian’s being consistent…if you care for his content.  Most of all I really, really want to edit the articles. That’s probably a me thing caused by editing legal briefs in law school but at least use active voice.

The mob mentality over there is disturbing after gerry and bobby left on top of how unprofessional and snarky nahlin is to post he doesn’t like 

• Hook 'Em 2