DT Hanne visiting next week

• Moderators
5 hours ago, cafe society said:

Hope we close him.  There's a rumor that DJ Sanders committed to aggie tonight.

Hanne hasn’t taken an OV anywhere yet … so not sure his recruitment ends quickly. That would be more of a November-December decision when I spoke with him at length in June. 

He made a few June unofficial visits (Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Ohio State)… and said he wants to make fall OV’s before deciding 

• Hook 'Em 10

11 hours ago, cafe society said:

I misunderstood what I heard.  No such thing happened.  I'm an idiot.

Sadly he’s in an environment with heavy aggy influence with the coaching staff at Bellville. Hoping for the best.🤘

45 minutes ago, TTown said:

Baker can't close any American kids so overseas yeah right lol. Worst hire Sark has made period!!

Give Baker time. Recruiting is based on relationships, development, and results. When kids realize that Baker is THE guy, the kids will follow 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ElCafetero said:

Give Baker time. Recruiting is based on relationships, development, and results. When kids realize that Baker is THE guy, the kids will follow 

Would Love to believe that but I don't. It's not on him he was hired as a guy with no skins on the wall. And need to help him big time with NIL which we haven't yet.But to pretend he was the best hire we could find at such a critical position is hogwash. Let's see if he can develop as well. Just my opinion , I don't drink the Kool aid all the time lol. As some moderators do and  those that feel they can't be objective and yet a fan.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

per 247, the german kid from cali Hanne will be visiting next week.  seems like a low floor high ceiling type of recruit, which we need at DT.  Offers from Georgia and Bama would indicate he's pretty good. 

low floor, high ceiling - this should be the motto for our 2025 class currently.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, ElCafetero said:

Hope you are right, but still no idea why we hired an asst to the DT coach and had to wait to announce it costing us portal candidates (even if we could have got them which our recent track record says we couldn't have).   I do believe Sark is 100% obsessed with winning a title, so I'd imagine Baker, Joseph, and Brandon Harris are on some hot seats if things don't improve this year on the recruing front.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ElCafetero said:

Not if the money isn’t there…

Bo Davis is an elite developer….but he couldn’t pull in top DT talent. 

Edited by Hashtag

Yep, Sarkisian should have hired a DL coach with skins on the wall. Maybe, a coach with skins  on the wall from another P4 school could/would have brought a DL or two committed to his previous school to Texas, just like BO Davis did going to LSU.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Baker is the DL coach. Sarkisian will need to offer lots of NIL $$ to offset not bringing in a DL coach with skins on the wall. Baker will need time to develop relationships. Baker is not the problem.  He came to Texas handicapped by his lack of experience and recruiting experience.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Steven Schrader said:

Go back to Aggie Yell and tell 'em how funny you

Hey Steven ex UT grad n ex  coach so no in your Aggie mess. I just be honest and don't drink the Kool aid some here dribble out. Sark has his ways and have worked. This hire was bad imo. We just agree to disagree respectfully. If you think Baker is the best we could have hired , then not much else to say. Hook em!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TTown said:

Hey Steven ex UT grad n ex  coach so no in your Aggie mess. I just be honest and don't drink the Kool aid some here dribble out. Sark has his ways and have worked. This hire was bad imo. We just agree to disagree respectfully. If you think Baker is the best we could have hired , then not much else to say. Hook em!

OK...but you've decided long before the recruiting season is in the books.  We'll see what happens.  I just hate to be negative.  PMA (positive mental attitude) is the way to live your life IMO.  I'm alive because of it.

HOOKEM

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steven Schrader said:

OK...but you've decided long before the recruiting season is in the books.  We'll see what happens.  I just hate to be negative.  PMA (positive mental attitude) is the way to live your life IMO.  I'm alive because of it.

HOOKEM

That's great that you are that way. I just don't see it. Time to coach now and not much relationship time to be honest. Again not Baker's fault imo. Just took a big risk on this hire considering who we go up against that coaches that position. I truly hope you  are right .But Sark has proven he can recruit so we will see.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Only thing that changed here is we upped the NIL .Adapt or survive Sark's motto. Had zero to do with Kenny Baker. NIL $  talked good for us as  Baker needs that $ help  if/ until he proves himself and builds relationships. Still a questionable hire period. 

We $ whip we got a chance. We don't well Kenny ain't saving the day LMAO .

Edited by TTown

You think him committing to Oregon for a month had anything to do with his position coach? It is amazing that Texas got good news today, and instead of being happy you piss all over yourself trying to move your goalposts instead of just taking the loss.

Edited by Neil Leininger
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TTown said:

Only thing that changed here is we upped the NIL .Adapt or survive Sark's motto. Had zero to do with Kenny Baker. NIL $  talked good for us as  Baker needs that $ help  if/ until he proves himself and builds relationships. Still a questionable hire period. 

We $ whip we got a chance. We don't well Kenny ain't saving the day LMAO .

Just as I suspected.  If we get Sharma, it's because Shark paid up.  If we don't, then Kenny Baker sucks.

Good grief, Charlie Brown.

• Hook 'Em 1