Silas Boldin comp

1 hour ago, watty7796 said:

Who have you seen that is a comp for Silas Boldin?  

I'd go with someone like Trindon Holliday out of LSU.  Tho Boldin may be a bit quicker but Holiday a bit faster top end.

Holliday was a track guy playing football and only had straight line speed. 

Tank Dell is your comparison to Silas.

Only guy I can remember at Texas who would be somewhat similar is Tony Jones.

Jones was very slight yet played multiple years in the NFL.

He was also the last three sport athlete at Texas I can recall - football, basketball and track. And Jones held the school record in the 200m for years I believe. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Hard to find really good players with the size of Silas Bolden.

Two NFL WRs already mentioned...

5-8 165# Tank Dell WR (rd 3 Texans) is the closest in size and ability I can think of in today's game. Tank had a good yr of highlights for the Houston Texans.

5-7 142# Tony Jones is a blast from the past that compares. Held the 200M record at Texas for over 30yrs (20.28 200M). Didn't recall him playing basketball at Texas.  But Bobby, you are very likely right. Tony Jones was a state champ in HS basketball.

Silas Bolden is physically similar to 5-9 175# DJ Monroe RB/WR.  But Silas has better WR hands.

46 minutes ago, Jerky said:

Hard to find really good players with the size of Silas Bolden.

Two NFL WRs already mentioned...

5-8 165# Tank Dell WR (rd 3 Texans) is the closest in size and ability I can think of in today's game. Tank had a good yr of highlights for the Houston Texans.

5-7 142# Tony Jones is a blast from the past that compares. Held the 200M record at Texas for over 30yrs (20.28 200M). Didn't recall him playing basketball at Texas.  But Bobby, you are very likely right. Tony Jones was a state champ in HS basketball.

Silas Bolden is physically similar to 5-9 175# DJ Monroe RB/WR.  But Silas has better WR hands.

FYI.

- Confirmed with Texas Sports Info that Jones walked on to the basketball team.

- I don’t think Bolden is 5-9 or 175.

- I personally have yet to see Bolden truly open it up. Not sure if he’s as fast as Dell or Jones that way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

FYI.

- Confirmed with Texas Sports Info that Jones walked on to the basketball team.

- I don’t think Bolden is 5-9 or 175.

- I personally have yet to see Bolden truly open it up. Not sure if he’s as fast as Dell or Jones that way. 

Agreed. Bolden is listed at 5-8 160, similar but not the same.

5-8 165 at combine Tank ran a 4.49 40. Bolden may be in that vicinity in the 40. Highly doubt Bolden can run as fast as Tony Jones.

6 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Only guy I can remember at Texas who would be somewhat similar is Tony Jones.

Jones was very slight yet played multiple years in the NFL.

He was also the last three sport athlete at Texas I can recall - football, basketball and track. And Jones held the school record in the 200m for years I believe. 

What about Herkie Walls? He played WR for Texas in the late 70’s and/or early 80’s. He was around 5’6” and maybe 160 lbs. he was pretty explosive and also played in the NFL if my memory is correct.

11 hours ago, marathon said:

What about Herkie Walls? He played WR for Texas in the late 70’s and/or early 80’s. He was around 5’6” and maybe 160 lbs. he was pretty explosive and also played in the NFL if my memory is correct.

Love this one!!!

Bolden is probably a more natural receiver than either Walls or Jones. Perhaps a tad less explosive than both.

• Hook 'Em 1