Laid off from work today

10 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Got informed today that I got laid off from my job today.  Mechanical (project) engineer at an aerospace company for 11 years.

Love you all

So sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you.  My employer is being bought so I'm not too far behind you in getting laid off.  Hopefully it all happens for a reason

• Hook 'Em 1

Hate to hear that for anyone. Think positive and hopefully you end up where god intends for you to be. This happened to me nearly 10 years ago, I thought I’d never find a job as good as the one I had, it turned out I landed a dream job with an amazing company making significantly more money. Keep your head up my friend 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, justwinbaby said:

Got informed today that I got laid off from my job today.  Mechanical (project) engineer at an aerospace company for 11 years.

Love you all

Sorry about that, sucks!  I retired early and then wanted to give back and begin teaching. Becoming a teacher was the best thing I have ever done. Good luck with what road like takes you. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

I appreciate the nice words from everybody on this topic.  Still stings, but I know there are other paths God has for me.

Absolutely. If you ever want to discuss life and God, feel free to reach out. Hope things improve for you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Sorry to hear.  I was laid off during Covid, after just getting married.  It was a blow both to the ego and financially, but God has bigger plans,. Am now in a job at a place that takes care of me and I love what I do.  Best of luck!

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

Love you all

The Lord means for you to be somewhere better!  Take care.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 years as a mechanical (project) engineer at an aerospace company, that's impressive.

Stay positive. This is an opportunity to find something new and appealing.  Best wishes to you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Job market is just brutal right now. I was working as an information security analyst with Wikimedia but was laid off. 

Best advice is take your time to heal mentally. Right now, 5 months is the average time it takes to replace a job. Keep the Faith in God and we'll get through this slump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/7/2024 at 2:55 PM, justwinbaby said:

I appreciate the nice words from everybody on this topic.  Still stings, but I know there are other paths God has for me.

Best thing that ever happened to me professionally was when I got laid off in 2001.  I was super down about it and man, God opened paths for me ever since that took my career to levels I never imagined was possible.  Still kind of have to pinch myself occasionally. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I've had enough time to be disappointed about being laid off from my job last Wednesday.  I have spent some time updating my resume and looking at what is out there job wise.  Will be trying to get back into the workforce this week.

My parents came to this country from South Korea with the clothes on their back, little money in their pockets, and a suitcase and would not allow me to wallow in misery.

• Hook 'Em 6

Retired now, but was laid off twice in 42 years.  The first time I landed at my favorite employer, where I stayed just short of 20 yrs.  That place laid me off just before declaring bankruptcy, and I got a nice severance package and found another spot a month later which carried me to retirement.  Keep the faith, spirits up, you never know what may come your way.  Rooting for ya.

• Hook 'Em 1