Injury Bug Bites Again

2 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

The player in reference to the post above is freshman RB Christian Clark. OTF was told he landed awkwardly and went down in pain and was unable to get off the field under his own power. 

F%*@ - he's a neighbor of mine, I live less than a mile from his high school. I'm proud when any Arizona kids win a scholarship to play for Texas but was really pulling for this kid.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Christian.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, smokeyiii said:

Is there concern we have a strength and conditioning issue with how we are working the RBs or just incredibly back luck? Brooks, Baxter now Gibson. Just seems more than most teams and at on position. 

Knee injuries have zero to do with conditioning, period.

• Hook 'Em 3

Big-bodied athlete at a skill position of arguably too much depth? Sounds like Ryan Wingo. Perhaps in a Deebo Samuel-esque role taking 5-10 snaps a game back there? Doubt it would ever happen but think it could be an interesting idea.

• Hook 'Em 2

As far as schematics go, the issue is pass pro and short yardage situations. Texas might be forced to go the Lane Kiffen Ole Miss/ spread concepts route, and run more empty sets like alot of people are saying. The good news is Texas has the personnel to do this. 

• Hook 'Em 4