10 minutes ago, ColeyCole said:

Heard this all too many times ….. when does it end ? I thought the best players in Texas were supposed to stay and play in Texas ? 

You really think we’re gonna land EVER top player we want? You’re more naive than your messages portray if you think that. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, ColeyCole said:

I think that’s why we haven’t reached the grand pinnacle. Has to mean more. State on your chest family on your back. It’s a reason every school in America wants a pipeline into Texas. The best in Florida / Cali / Hawaii  don’t always mean better than the home state kids. 

LOL

This conversation isn't worth it.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

You really think we’re gonna land EVER top player we want? You’re more naive than your messages portray if you think that. 

Why does the goal post keep moving …. Of course we can’t land everyone but if we can’t land any of the top corners in Texas , missed on the top we in Texas multiple top dl in Texas chose elsewhere ….. I think it’s a problem

5 minutes ago, ColeyCole said:

Why isn’t it ? I guess thanks for calling ! 

"I think that’s why we haven’t reached the grand pinnacle. Has to mean more. State on your chest family on your back."

If you legitimately think this, it's not worth engaging in further discussion because that's called delusion. I guess if CJ Baxter had been from Texas, he wouldn't have fumbled in the playoff because it would have meant more to him, and we would be national champs, according to your logic.

Edited by Assistant Regional Manager
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, ColeyCole said:

I think that’s why we haven’t reached the grand pinnacle. Has to mean more. State on your chest family on your back. It’s a reason every school in America wants a pipeline into Texas. The best in Florida / Cali / Hawaii  don’t always mean better than the home state kids. 

And Texas player doesn’t meant better than Florida or Cali or Georgia. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Always laugh at some of us if/ when a kid might decommit. All of a sudden he is no good , not all in blah blah blah. Or God Forbid he gets more  $ at a different school.

Yet we flip one or just get a decommit out of the blue , we overlook his going back on his word, or coming here for more money ha.

I don't know what is gonna happen but I know we want him , and I wish him the best either way . Don't burn bridges in this new NIL era , it'll bite you🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, TTown said:

Always laugh at some of us if/ when a kid might decommit. All of a sudden he is no good , not all in blah blah blah. Or God Forbid he gets more  $ at a different school.

Yet we flip one or just get a decommit out of the blue , we overlook his going back on his word, or coming here for more money ha.

I don't know what is gonna happen but I know we want him , and I wish him the best either way . Don't burn bridges in this new NIL era , it'll bite you🤘

I am with you on the NIL era. New day and age of college football and we need to stop trashing players after they make a decision we don't like. I know players see messages boards and if one team's fans say something that gets under their skin. It could sway them to go elsewhere. Free to say what you want but I've definitely seen stuff that I believe crosses the line. (Not in this thread?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pinkman_90 said:

Would be a terrible loss.  Corey Raymond is a total fraud but still has pull in recruiting.  

Lol a fraud? Raymond is one of the most elite DB recruiters in the SEC and has been for years. Go check his track record. I'm definitely all Texas, but give credit where it's due man.

4 hours ago, Nathan said:

Lol a fraud? Raymond is one of the most elite DB recruiters in the SEC and has been for years. Go check his track record. I'm definitely all Texas, but give credit where it's due man.

Think you just answered your own question .  He's an elite recruiter.  Bad coach.  

1 minute ago, pinkman_90 said:

Think you just answered your own question .  He's an elite recruiter.  Bad coach.  

I wouldn't classifiy him as bad.....I'd say average. Couple his recruiting with being an average coach which coach would you take:

Raymond or Gideon?

Raymond or Joseph?

I'd take Raymond over both of them if we're being completely honest. But obviously Raymond can't and won't get past our compliance as proven before.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

I wouldn't classifiy him as bad.....I'd say average. Couple his recruiting with being an average coach which coach would you take:

Raymond or Gideon?

Raymond or Joseph?

I'd take Raymond over both of them if we're being completely honest. But obviously Raymond can't and won't get past our compliance as proven before.

Hes a one dimensional coach that would probably fit very poorly under PK.  I’d still take him just for the recruiting alone though and hope Sark would get a Gary P type assistant to cover for his weaknesses 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Don’t agree with this. Not ones that LJ 24-7. 

Thank you Bobby. Kade Phillips can play corner back at an extremely high level. He trains with one of the best corner back trainers in Texas in Jahlil Johnson( he trains Devin Sanchez) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinkman_90 said:

Hes a one dimensional coach that would probably fit very poorly under PK.  I’d still take him just for the recruiting alone though and hope Sark would get a Gary P type assistant to cover for his weaknesses 

lol what does that even mean ? Corey joseph has more nfl corners than _____. No offense . He is a man corner coach and we typically don’t recruit those because PK scheme played a lot of zone on the back end. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ColeyCole said:

lol what does that even mean ? Corey joseph has more nfl corners than _____. No offense . He is a man corner coach and we typically don’t recruit those because PK scheme played a lot of zone on the back end. 

Hard to follow what you’re saying there but I think we’re on the same page 

corey Joseph?  Very solid point guard.

Terry Joseph?  Safety coach who’s coaching corners

Corey Raymond? Strictly man coverage with his guys getting eaten alive as the SEC has evolved on offense.  

Edited by pinkman_90
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinkman_90 said:

Hard to follow what you’re saying there but I think we’re on the same page 

corey Joseph?  Very solid point guard.

Terry Joseph?  Safety coach who’s coaching corners

Corey Raymond? Strictly man coverage with his guys getting eaten alive as the SEC has evolved on offense.  

Sorry I was typing while driving I would not recommend it. One this isn’t on terry joseph . Blake Gideon was kade phillips main recruiter. Please stop blaming the corners coach for a safety commit who should have been recruited as a corner.