Thursday Lunchtime Recruiting Nuggets (Thursday 1:02pm central)

• Moderators

5-star Michael Fasusi meets with Texas coaches

Texas offensive line coach Kyle Flood stopped by Lewisville (Texas) High to see 5-star left tackle Michael Fasusi. Steve Sarkisian and Tashard Choice were also by Lewisville High. The conversation with Fasusi and his father were considered positive for the Longhorns. The weekend of June 28-30 is already beginning to set up as the big official visit weekend for Texas, which will be the final official visit for a number of prospects prior to announcing commitments before senior seasons begin. OnTexasFootball expects Fasusi to make his official visit to Texas the last weekend of June, as of today. 

Texas remains in a good position with the 6-foot-4, 300-pound tackle with elite body quickness. 

Floyd Guidry meets with Kenny Baker

Spring (Texas) High 2025 defensive lineman Floyd Guidry was visited by new Texas defensive line coach Kenny Baker earlier this week. The 6-foot-1.5, 280-pound explosive lineman came away impressed with the first meeting. 

“He’s an amazing coach,” Guidry said. “He knew what he was talking about. He told me we were going to stay connected, and he wants me to visit for a spring practice.” 

Guidry was offered by Texas December 19. That offer was made by former DL coach Bo Davis. Guidry and family followed up by attending Texas Junior Day January 20. 

Guidry, who recorded 26 tackles for loss and six sacks as a junior, is scheduled to be at Houston Junior Day February 3. 

New defensive line prospect on the radar

Richmond (Texas) Randle 2025 defensive tackle Chace Sims also received a visit from new Texas defensive line coach Kenny Baker Tuesday. 

“Man, he was great,” Sims said. “Great guy. He was telling me how he was new from the Miami Dolphins. Him having an NFL background is amazing.”

Texas invited the 6-foot-3, 290-pounder to Junior Day January 20. Sims did not attend, but a visit for a spring practice is a strong possibility. The Longhorns have not offered Sims to date.

Sims plans to visit Texas A&M Saturday, and TCU and SMU Sunday. He holds offers from TCU, Houston, Kansas, SMU, Arizona and Texas Tech.

Texas swinging away at Tyler Thomas 

Texas offensive line coach Kyle Flood was also by Dickinson (Texas) High to see 2025 target Tyler Thomas. Texas remains in a solid position with the 6-foot-5, 315-pounder. The Longhorns hosting Thomas the last weekend in June is likely. The new Texas A&M is also making a push.  

View full news

• Hook 'Em 11

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Like the Pitt offer.

For sure! Narduzi and DC Randy Bates ... Bates (at Northwestern for years) is similar to Morgan Scalley at Utah in that they have been recruiting the state for so long that when they offer a defensive kid, time to take a real look. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Gerry…..with a ton of DL offers out, what are 2 or 3 of the traits we’ll be looking for in narrowing done to 3 or 4 guys!? For example…. Do we need size more than explosiveness? Or, do we need penetration ability vs point of attack resistance? Or, a little of everything??

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Spring (Texas) High 2025 DT Floyd Guidry with Coach Sarkisian at January 20 Junior Day ...

Sounds like Dad is on board! Hopefully Mom will be too if that’s a factor. I’m pumped about this kid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jerry K said:

Sounds like Dad is on board! Hopefully Mom will be too if that’s a factor. I’m pumped about this kid. 

He's got a frame that hasn't truly started to fill out too. I should have added that. He will be 6-1.5/6-2, 305-310 with + arm length and + initial quickness and power. 

• Hook 'Em 5

• Moderators

Also ... spoke with source close to the Brandon Brown recruitment ... The Texas DT commit and 4-star plays for Cali-Power 7v7 team ... they will play two tournaments in Texas this spring. Brown is expected to visit Texas in the spring, likely around a spring football practice. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Richmond Randle 2025 DT Chace Sims ...

Threw shot put 44'11" as a sophomore. 

Recorded 86 tackles, 18 TFL's and 11 sacks in 2023. 

Junior HUDL:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2M9QQn

Shows a lot of good hand-placement on film. Solid frame and get-off for a 280+lb junior too. He'll probably end up rising pretty quick with some offers and a good senior year

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

Throwing the shot up 50’ plus shows quick foot work, exploration through the hips and strong core.

No doubt. That's kind of the magic number for a kid as a junior in HS for me. Bet both of these guys get it done this spring. 

Practice track meets begin Friday BTW. First official track meets a week from Friday

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators

Texas has yet to offer 2026 Temple DL Jamarion Carlton, but he has a very high ceiling and I take it it won't be long before interest comes around.

Carlton stands 6-foot-5 and 230 pounds at the moment. Check the clips for the explosiveness.

Oklahoma State and Houston offered the last two days.

• Hook 'Em 2