Taking my 4 yr old to his first game

Hey y'all, 

I am excited to take my son to his first game this weekend and I was wondering if there were any recommendations for semi-close parking. I don't mind paying for a pedi-cab but I have only gone to games on my own and I don't mind walking. However, I don't want to deal with that with him. Also, any recommendations on gameday activities and kid friendly food at the stadium?

Thanks in advance. Hook'em! 

• Hook 'Em 4

Make sure you do Bevo Blvd and Smokey’s Midway.  My kiddos of similar age love it.  There are food trucks at the end of Smokey’s midway that offer a variety of foods.  If all else fails, the funnel cakes usually do the trick.

I agree with the previous poster and the pedicab.  Those little legs get tired and if you’re like me, you can only carry them so far.

Most importantly- have fun and make some memories! 

• Hook 'Em 3

Have fun with your kiddo!

Available parking will somewhat depend on when you make it to the stadium. If you get there by 1-1:30, there will be plenty of spots in a number of places. By 3:30, you’ll have to park further away.

There are no spots on campus unless you have a pass no matter when you arrive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TarrantCoHorn said:

Took my 3 year old to the TCU WV game last year and she made it until halftime. She loved the snacks and people watching. But noise cancelling headphones were a must. Trying another TCU game this year as a 4 year old before I move her up to the big leagues. 

My now 4 year old daughter tells me the favorite part of “going to Texas” is the m&m’s and popcorn at the game.

When she sees  me watching on TV, she asks why we aren’t there. 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 2