2025 DL to Visit in March (7:14 a.m. CST)

• Moderators

Texas will receive a visit from 2025 (Folsom, Calif.) defensive tackle Josiah Sharma in March.

I traded messages with Sharma last night who mentioned a trip to Austin is likely to occur following the conclusion of the non-contact window. It is our understanding Texas will have a junior day-type visit weekend set up for the weekend of March 22.

The 6-foot-5 and 300-pound defensive tackle was offered by Texas on February 1 following an on-campus visit from Johnny Nansen. Shama was also mentioned in Gerry's best-case scenario class published on Monday.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 6

Gerry/CJ, how does Josiah compare to Zion Williams?  They seem to be the two best potential NGs/zero-techniques in the class.  May be recency bias but Sharma looks to me like a Sweat starter kit, but quicker!

Did Deboer's defensive staff follow him to alabama?  If so, does that give them an advantage?

Edited by t.newman
additional thought

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, t.newman said:

Gerry/CJ, how does Josiah compare to Zion Williams?  They seem to be the two best potential NGs/zero-techniques in the class.  May be recency bias but Sharma looks to me like a Sweat starter kit, but quicker!

Did Deboer's defensive staff follow him to alabama?  If so, does that give them an advantage?

Definitely think Alabama has a legit chance with Sharma

Sharma and Williams are different for me. Williams is that 6-4, future 325-330-pound over the ball player with an 80+inch wing span. Sharma has more disruptive ability at the Power 5 level, and versatility to play three. 

• Hook 'Em 5