DB Derek Williams Jr. Done for Season

6 minutes ago, pinkman_90 said:

Love when people don’t know how to read.  Creates for a great message board conversation

Nope read it just fine. I GET your point and it has merit, but my  point is injuries can happen at ANYTIME. Just different opinions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hashtag said:

The NFL wanted more safer kickoffs and NOT eliminate them. The new kickoff rules you're trying to parade here actually increase kickoff returns. Before the change this year touchback rate was 90+% and now it's down to about 65%. So they're actually getting more kickoff returns this year than last year because of those rule changes. I bet they also change the touchback rule to penalize teams just kicking touchbacks for the 2025 season. 

Thats exactly what I said? 

Awful news for that young man.  Wish him a speedy recovery and to come back next year stronger than ever.  As for this season, Barron, Taaffe, Mukuba, McDonald, and Rubell are more than capable of holding down the fort.  I trust Kwiatkowski, Nansen, Gideon, and Joseph to keep this secondary humming.

Edited by qaertyisthatdude

42 minutes ago, pinkman_90 said:

Pointing out that coaches have to make tough decisions (I.e. better specials teams play coming with higher risk of injury) apparently means I’m terrified of kickoffs. 

The last comment wasn’t directed at you; it was intended for NFL executives.  Sorry if I was unclear.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

I think Derek missed two games because of injuries therefore he only played in 4 games and can redshirt.

noted, but he won’t need it, was never going to be around that long 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, khorn28 said:

noted, but he won’t need it, was never going to be around that long 

He probably hasn’t shown enough to warrant leaving early, but you never know. 
He’s gonna have a long rehab ahead of him before getting ready to play next year. 

10 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Key loss in run support from the safety position … he’s the best on the roster

Jordan Johnson-Rubell will now likely play meaningful reps this season down the stretch 

This goes to show we’re not terribly deep at some spots. We’re getting there but not across the board.