Quarterback Controversy

Nope, Quinn had a rough game but still threw for 1 td and ran for 1 td. We don’t quit on guys for a rough game. Arch is great and will be awesome once it’s his time, but it’s Quinn’s team. Quinn will be fine, it was awesome for him to get that td run and get popped hard and bounce right up to give him confidence that he’s back healthy. We’re blessed to have such a deep QB room. I expect to see big game Quinn Saturday! Hook’em baby 🐂🤘🐂

• Hook 'Em 2

200 yards, 2 total touchdowns, 68% completion rating. 

@CJ Vogel said this on twitter, but it bears repeating that Quinn's standard of play has really made us not appreciate him. 95% of college qbs would have been considered a serviceable qb with this stat line. 

Did Quinn look his best? No. Can Quinn play better? Absolutely. But was Quinn "abysmal," not even close. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Walter Jenkins said:

Due to Quinn's abysmal performance Saturday, do you think Sark did not play Arch at the end of the game for fear he would "light it up" and create aQB controversy?

What are we doing.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, hookemrj13 said:

Hey! 

For everyone dogging the OP; go and look at the Texas vs OU thread during that first quarter! 

Not wrong on this sentiment. Quite a bit of people on here were ready with the hook before that 1st quarter ended.

4 minutes ago, Tim Longoria said:

Not wrong on this sentiment. Quite a bit of people on here were ready with the hook before that 1st quarter ended.

Exactly. 

I was and am on the fence that if Quinn has a similar 1st qtr performance against Georgia, that Manning needs to warm it up; however I do not believe that there is a "controversy" 

I just am not confident that if we repeat QTR 1 of the RRS that we beat Georgia 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully Quinn comes out and shuts all this questioning down lol 

2 hours ago, Walter Jenkins said:

Due to Quinn's abysmal performance Saturday, do you think Sark did not play Arch at the end of the game for fear he would "light it up" and create aQB controversy?

I think you are on to something here., you know, I think it’s important that we take a moment to really reflect on what you’ve brought to the table here, because, let’s be honest, not everyone has the courage to express such bold, trailblazing ideas, right? What you’re saying — and I really want to dig into this — is that in the context of Texas football, which, as we all know, is more than just a game, it’s a culture, a tradition, a way of life, really, for so many people, what you’ve done is, well, it’s truly revolutionary. I mean, the foresight. The vision! There’s just so much to unpack here. Truly. Let’s dive in.

First, you’ve made a connection that, I think, most people just aren’t seeing. And that’s important, because sometimes the most profound thoughts are the ones that fly just below the radar of conventional thinking. You’re seeing the bigger picture. The trees *and* the forest. It's really quite something.

You see, when we talk about football, we’re not just talking about X’s and O’s, touchdowns, and field goals. Oh no. We’re talking about systems, institutions, and — dare I say — paradigms that go beyond the gridiron. And you’ve managed to tap into that broader, almost metaphysical layer of the game. And I just have to say, that’s where the magic happens, right? It’s where everything aligns in ways that no one else has quite articulated before. But here you are, bravely standing on this mountain of, well, insight, ready to lead us all into this brave new world of football analysis.

Now, we could look at this in terms of, let’s say, what does this mean for the fans? What does this mean for the players? The coaches? The hot dog vendors? You’ve thought of it all. Your perspective, it’s not bound by the shackles of ordinary logic or, frankly, what most people might call “reality.” And that’s where I see the genius of it. Because who needs reality when we’ve got vision? Who needs facts when we’ve got *vibes*?

I can just feel the ripples your post is going to send through the community, and I think we all owe it to ourselves to dig deeper into what you’re suggesting. Don’t just stop here. Oh no, this is only the beginning. I think you owe it to the message board — heck, to *society* — to expand on these ideas. Maybe we’re talking a multi-part series. Maybe a YouTube channel. Ted Talks? The possibilities are endless when you're thinking on this level. You're practically redefining what it means to be a fan, to understand the game.

So, in conclusion, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for this gift you’ve given us, this intellectual treasure that challenges us to think bigger, broader, and quite frankly, more bizarrely than we ever thought possible. Keep going. Keep pushing these boundaries. You’re onto something. Something truly, magnificently… something.

#HookEm.

Edited by jkates
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Walter Jenkins said:

Below average first 3 drives not playing for 4 weeks (outside of half a quarter when he got hurt) against a really good OU defense in the biggest rivalry game in college. And we’re thinking this?

2 hours ago, JMarquette said:

200 yards, 2 total touchdowns, 68% completion rating. 

@CJ Vogel said this on twitter, but it bears repeating that Quinn's standard of play has really made us not appreciate him. 95% of college qbs would have been considered a serviceable qb with this stat line. 

Did Quinn look his best? No. Can Quinn play better? Absolutely. But was Quinn "abysmal," not even close. 

He was bad and his counterpart was far more poised despite playing behind a sieve. Tossing to his check down every play won't be viable this time around. Needs to hit throws down the field and stop with the scared feet. He made maybe two good throws all game with a super clean pocket. It's a valid concern. That was a strong regression in play to 2021. What happens if he actually feels pressure this week? What if he still can't stretch the field vertically? I doubt Georgia will allow him to hit guys underneath all game. They will make him play QB.

Edited by Evan Andreolli
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jkates said:

I think you are on to something here., you know, I think it’s important that we take a moment to really reflect on what you’ve brought to the table here, because, let’s be honest, not everyone has the courage to express such bold, trailblazing ideas, right? What you’re saying — and I really want to dig into this — is that in the context of Texas football, which, as we all know, is more than just a game, it’s a culture, a tradition, a way of life, really, for so many people, what you’ve done is, well, it’s truly revolutionary. I mean, the foresight. The vision! There’s just so much to unpack here. Truly. Let’s dive in.

First, you’ve made a connection that, I think, most people just aren’t seeing. And that’s important, because sometimes the most profound thoughts are the ones that fly just below the radar of conventional thinking. You’re seeing the bigger picture. The trees *and* the forest. It's really quite something.

You see, when we talk about football, we’re not just talking about X’s and O’s, touchdowns, and field goals. Oh no. We’re talking about systems, institutions, and — dare I say — paradigms that go beyond the gridiron. And you’ve managed to tap into that broader, almost metaphysical layer of the game. And I just have to say, that’s where the magic happens, right? It’s where everything aligns in ways that no one else has quite articulated before. But here you are, bravely standing on this mountain of, well, insight, ready to lead us all into this brave new world of football analysis.

Now, we could look at this in terms of, let’s say, what does this mean for the fans? What does this mean for the players? The coaches? The hot dog vendors? You’ve thought of it all. Your perspective, it’s not bound by the shackles of ordinary logic or, frankly, what most people might call “reality.” And that’s where I see the genius of it. Because who needs reality when we’ve got vision? Who needs facts when we’ve got *vibes*?

I can just feel the ripples your post is going to send through the community, and I think we all owe it to ourselves to dig deeper into what you’re suggesting. Don’t just stop here. Oh no, this is only the beginning. I think you owe it to the message board — heck, to *society* — to expand on these ideas. Maybe we’re talking a multi-part series. Maybe a YouTube channel. Ted Talks? The possibilities are endless when you're thinking on this level. You're practically redefining what it means to be a fan, to understand the game.

So, in conclusion, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for this gift you’ve given us, this intellectual treasure that challenges us to think bigger, broader, and quite frankly, more bizarrely than we ever thought possible. Keep going. Keep pushing these boundaries. You’re onto something. Something truly, magnificently… something.

#HookEm.

I hate you for making me read all that 😂🤘🏿

• Haha 2