Steve Sarkisian Monday Press Conference (October 21)

CJ Vogel

40 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Sarkisian says the sack-fumble off the blindside, it was a miscommunication off the backside that was not picked up.

Sark: For all of the Monday morning quarterbacks who said Quinn was late with the football, they are incorrect.

Then it’s just poor pocket awareness. Great…

Sark is never gonna pull a Hugh Freeze and throw a player under the bus in public. The I made it clear statement is interesting ha. We will see how short that leash is going forward.

Even if Ewers improves against an inferior D, I will still have doubts when he faces those that are better. Can't have a QB with yips and contend period. Coach Irwin said it all for me this morning. Officer Ewers you are on notice now with backup ready when not if needed. About to find out when needed or if needed starting 1st half in Nashville!

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Sarkisian on the bottle throwing.

"We have a passionate fanbase and I think that showed Saturday night... I think we all just have to use better discretion."

Honestly, would like him to come down harder on that bs. It was pitiful and tacky acting like a bunch of spoiled entitled toddlers throwing stuff on the field. Yes the call was horrid, yes we might have gotten robbed there, but there is not excuse for that behavior. None, period. It cost our school 250k. It should have cost us yards on the field, it could caused injury to people on the field if full/nearly full cans/bottle thrown hit someone from that distance, and regardless of the call we have more class and higher standards than that at the University of Texas. Moreover, if you’re an official coming into Austin now you may have some inherent desire to tighten things up when calling a game at Texas because of this and the timing of the correction. Basically proving that crowd temper tantrums can’t and won’t work to affect the outcome of a call. The sad thing is that they were probably getting together and make the correct call anyway but we’ll never know now. As a life time Longhorn this is the most upset I’ve been at our fans. Even more than when we booed our own team about 10 years ago. Bottom line we have to be better than that. 

• Hook 'Em 1