Chris Simms with the Hook’em

6 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Two things:

1. Simms clearly broke his pinky playing football. That's a football player's pinky.

2. He is looking more and more like his dad, especially in that picture.

I too sport a football player’s pinky, though mine is more similar to Booger McFarland’s than Chris Simms.

Back in the day, the football trainer would simply pop the dislocated pinky back in place, and send you back on the field (after I writhed in pain for a few minutes), with not much consideration of the long-term damage and arthritis.  For me, I dislocated my right pinky six times over the course of two seasons.  30 years later and my right pinky is more hindrance than helpful to me.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

Joe, dislocated pinkies were nothing to coaches who grew up without facemasks and had dislocated noses. 😉

I love the Johnny Unitas story where he breaks his nose, goes to the sidelines get a quick look, rubs dirt in to stop the bleeding, then proceeds to throw a touchdown.

Hopefully Chris will come back and visit UT again one day.  He was a good kid and helped bring Texas back.

I never understood all the hate for him, it wasn’t all his fault Texas didn’t meet expectations, a team game and one player is not responsible for all the faults.

• Hook 'Em 2