For those wondering about Jacoby Matthews

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, taxsaver said:

OK...but who is Jacoby Matthews?  

Former high 4-star Safety out of Louisiana ... picked Texas A&M over LSU and Texas in the 2022 class ... greatest class ever signed!

He hit the portal. 

Had stopped going to Texas A&M workouts and team meetings in January. Not the right formula to attract power programs IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 10

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Former high 4-star Safety out of Louisiana ... picked Texas A&M over LSU and Texas in the 2022 class ... greatest class ever signed!

He hit the portal. 

Had stopped going to Texas A&M workouts and team meetings in January. Not the right formula to attract power programs IMO. 

I was going to say, I thought we recruited him pretty hard. Sounds like our opinion of him has changed, perhaps due to what you just pointed out.

Edited by Sirhornsalot

As related to this hearing conflicting things. Are we bound now by the SEC transfer rules even if we aren't officially in the Conference.

Example next portal none of our guys can transfer to a SEC school without sitting out a year. And vice versa anyone wanting to come to UT from the SEC? Just curious thanks anybody👍

16 minutes ago, TTown said:

As related to this hearing conflicting things. Are we bound now by the SEC transfer rules even if we aren't officially in the Conference.

Example next portal none of our guys can transfer to a SEC school without sitting out a year. And vice versa anyone wanting to come to UT from the SEC? Just curious thanks anybody👍

Not 100%, but I don't think that rule is in effect anymore

I know the rule applies to SEC teams as you have to be in portal by Feb 1 or you can't transfer within the Conference, have to sit a year.

Just didn't know if it included us and OU yet for sure.I mean we may be bound by it even though we don't enter officially until July. It is still in effect.

1 hour ago, TTown said:

Not to my knowledge. Not officially in SEC until June/July.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

not sure why would we would even kick the tires on him.. we have Makuba, Williams, Filsame and JRR competing in that room..  

Just trust sark, what he’s building and don’t worry about stuff you can’t control. The man just got us to uncharted water in less then three years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TTown said:

I know the rule applies to SEC teams as you have to be in portal by Feb 1 or you can't transfer within the Conference, have to sit a year.

Just didn't know if it included us and OU yet for sure.I mean we may be bound by it even though we don't enter officially until July. It is still in effect.

I think Texas would probably abide by the spirit of the rule, OU probably not. But if Oatis enters the portal, all bets are off.

• Hook 'Em 1

I read somewhere that the rule does apply to Texas and OU this year even though they don't officially enter the SEC until July. Now, historically speaking, rules restricting recruiting have never meant anything to the criminal interlopers north of the Red River. 

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

A very highly rated five-star safety from the 2020 class for whom Texas finished second to aTm.

I think there is a transfer rule in the SEC that will not allow spring SEC transfers to play that fall for any other SEC team. 

I can say that rule would have no barring on this decision. 

• Hook 'Em 3