“I don’t think KJ Lacey ends up at Texas”

Title is a Quote from 247’s Cooper Pategna on a livestream yesterday. 

He mentioned his location in SEC territory, potentially taking other visits, and interest from Auburn as potential reasons why. 

Conversation began with discussing Duncanville’s Keelon Russell and his communication with Texas who we have already heard was another name mentioned. 

What should the level of concern be in terms of Lacey going back on his commitment? 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, hookem1 said:

Title is a Quote from 247’s Cooper Pategna on a livestream yesterday. 

He mentioned his location in SEC territory, potentially taking other visits, and interest from Auburn as potential reasons why. 

Conversation began with discussing Duncanville’s Keelon Russell and his communication with Texas who we have already heard was another name mentioned. 

What should the level of concern be in terms of Lacey going back on his commitment? 

KJ has the three visits scheduled right now. The April 6 visit is the key IMO. If something happens and that falls through … would likely be telling.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

KJ has the three visits scheduled right now. The April 6 visit is the key IMO. If something happens and that falls through … would likely be telling.

I should know this, but sometimes I zone out on my run during the Coffee & Football recruiting updates - he has three Texas visits scheduled?

There will be qb's always for Sark it seems. But I do believe with Quinn coming back, which most did not expect btw changes things. Guys want to play. So does Arch start at least 2 years after Quinn? That moves the timeline even further back for KJ and others I would suspect.Sure you gotta compete anywhere you go , but NIL and playing time matters. Will see🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, horns96 said:

I should know this, but sometimes I zone out on my run during the Coffee & Football recruiting updates - he has three Texas visits scheduled?

Yep!

KJ is scheduled to visit Texas April 6 for big recruiting weekend, April 20 for Spring Game and June 21-23 OV weekend

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
10 hours ago, TTown said:

There will be qb's always for Sark it seems. But I do believe with Quinn coming back, which most did not expect btw changes things. Guys want to play. So does Arch start at least 2 years after Quinn? That moves the timeline even further back for KJ and others I would suspect.Sure you gotta compete anywhere you go , but NIL and playing time matters. Will see🤘

When the word got out Quinn was returning ... that is what was referenced ... timelines. 

• Hook 'Em 3

It's crazy that KJ Lacey wants a more aggressive timeline to the field than Arch Manning. Just look at Ewers 1st season in this system. He was not good. Last year was improvement, but also no where close to the stats that Tua and Mac Jones put up in this offense.

Ewers should have close to 40 TDs passing next year, or I see it has a QB/offense that didn't maximize the talent and scheme.