Jump to content

Pwood

Supporters
  • Posts

    99
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pwood

  1. That is one of my favorite videos - it captures the noise and how it impacts different sides of the field - amazing - thanks for sharing!!
  2. Pics from last years TX/OU - I think I’ve missed one of these games since graduation (many years ago) in 1994 - so 30 years. The last picture is with my husband & brother-in-law in Dominican Republic last July - I missed the memo that it was a UT themed dinner 🤘
  3. Thanks for all of the suggestions!!
  4. Childhood friend & I are headed to Galveston for the weekend. Any recommendations for TX vs Ohio St game watching this Saturday? Any suggestions appreciated!!
  5. I have a pass I can’t sale on seat geek or anywhere else. UT said there was some kind of glitch with the resale on two of the parking garages (mine being one). So I can’t transfer, except to an email or cell number. It’s for state garage R. If interested text me at 972-921-1199
      • 1
      • Hook 'Em
  6. He had the helmet on for almost an hour - that is crazy!!
  7. The chants by the OU fans at his final RRS for him to graduate 🤭
  8. Welcome to the site - the best group of Texas experts in the business!! 🤘
  9. I like it when they have the same number over multiple years, for multiple reasons (as I get older it’s easier to remember). It seems like more players change their numbers throughout their time at Texas in more recent history. I think those that switch often (every year), make a particular number less synonymous with that player.
  10. We were there - best game u have ever experienced!!
  11. I couldn’t sleep either after getting back to the hotel. Watched every report on the tv about the game. It was so surreal!
  12. Love the data analysis - thanks for sharing!!
  13. I really enjoy The Stampede - it’s a unique mix of personalities.
  14. He asked some interesting questions - different than other interviews I’ve seen with Sark
  15. Love the graphic - our schedules are more similar than I expected.
  16. The most competitive school at Texas is nursing with a 3% acceptance rate!! I was shocked to read that because you don’t hear about as much as the Business and Engineering schools.
  17. I respect Ohio State for adding the most competitive teams in the SEC to their non-conference schedule the next few years. As a fan, I love that Texas likes to schedule one big time program for an out of conference game. I get the argument against it, but man it’s fun to have big games with teams we don’t normally play. I hope the selection committee gets their head out of their a$$ so we can keep scheduling these games. Who had the bright idea that anyone is going to want to watch not 1, but 2 G5 schools in place of Texas or Notre Dame - crazy!!
  18. It’s the funniest thing to watch them run when they get excited - their back legs stiffen up and they are only able to use the front legs, dragging the back ones behind them.
  19. Goat kids playing king of the hill - one of their favorite games! Here’s one of our fainting goats climbing the tree.
  20. I agree with a lot of what was said above. A couple of other things that helped me. You will go through the 5 stages grief - just be prepared for those feelings (therapy or a book can be of benefit). I chose therapy after a close friend’s suggestion; she gave me some great tools. One of the best was when I couldn’t stop thinking about it, she told me to just get up and do anything (drink of water, snack, restroom, walk outside - anything) - to break my train of thought - it worked wonders. Journaling can also help you work through your thoughts and emotions - I don’t like journaling, but it did help during that time. It sounds crazy, but writing things down can manifest them (there is science behind it). I was devastated & blindsided also, but it turned out to be blessing!
  21. I think our brains work the same way- it is so frustrating. And as I get older, it seems to get worse!!
  22. I’m horrible with names - my mind will go blank. A perfect example, in college I introduced one of my closest friends (of about 10 yrs) to a blind date with the wrong name - she knew me & just reintroduced herself; didn’t tell me about until the next day. The worst was when I went to introduce my boyfriend (future spouse) of 3 yrs to someone and all I could remember was his last name (which is what his friends called him) - he had to introduce himself. It’s like the pressure of remembering a name makes me freeze and forget. What makes it worse is I have a very unique name that people tend to remember 😵‍💫
  23. I still call it South West Texas State University; it’s a pretty campus from what I remember visiting someone back in my college years.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.