Jump to content

harveycmd

Members
  • Posts

    2772
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by harveycmd

  1. Let's talk trash and kick ass boys. This is for Matthew. Kobe told the Sixers he was coming back to his hometown Philly to "cut their hearts out" prior to the Lakers coming back to Philadelphia to win all three games against the loser Iverson Sixers in June 2001. He backed it up and did it. That's what we need here.
  2. I think Rasheem Biles said his uncle was a member of The Whispers. I mean, damn. Whispers performed for 1987 Lakers. Second greatest basketball team ever.
  3. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Rambis, West, Wilkes and Thompson met with Kobe before game 7 of the 2010 Finals and told him nothing matters more than beating the Celtics.
  4. Men have played with broken fingers and bone bruises and won titles.
  5. @Jordan91 Most people think Kob's favorite player was Jordan. Not true. It was a white boy. Who?
  6. Stop whining boys. We got Arch. He can't win, we ain't gonna win.
  7. Temp rising. Going out to cut em up now. Take my Chromebook to watch second half of game 1 of the 2001 Western Conference Finals (my favorite sporting event ever) and listen to the Righteous Brothers while processing.
  8. Just back from hog huntin again this morning, boys. Took the dogs for the hogs and got three in the dry creek bottom. They're hangin now. I guess I'll have to part em out in a few hours because it going up to 103 and I can't let him sit all day.
  9. It's sad though. The good will Pope established is now greatly diminished. He couldn't play for the Longhorns, but he wasn't forced to be an Aggie. It's business, but that needs to be the response to him in the future now as well.
  10. There's no real downside as long as it's a team friendly deal.
  11. Negative reference. Never did anything but get his butt kicked when it mattered.
  12. "We talkin bout practice. Don't need no damn practice."
  13. @Gerry Hamilton Jerry West talking to Shaq about Kobe in July 1996. "I got this kid. He's going to be the best player in world. I'm telling you. I know talent. He's going to be the best. You can win multiple titles with this kid."
  14. @Gerry Hamilton This was when Kobe was the best player in the world while goobers like Nash and Nowitzki were winning MVPs.
  15. I was reading about that. It's hilarious. I've never heard of a player who thinks he controls whether a team retires his jersey. Better call the Governor on this one since he runs the football program.
  16. Jack Bouwmeester waived by the 49ers today.
  17. I thought someone would ask me that. I won't sidetrack much because I know it makes some upset. Vince ain't Kobe.
  18. The one guy who didn't include Vince was me. I didn't vote for Vince or Colt at all. I knew they'd be at the top regardless, and I wanted to vote for guys like Quentin Jammer and Leonard Davis.
  19. I saw some Tech podcaster explaining that they wouldn't play teams like Louisville, Duke, NC State, Tulane, etc. because "it wouldn't do anything for us."
  20. Because the altar boys are a joke program too. When you play a one or two game schedule and rely on media attention to do the work for you, then you are the definition meaningless hype.
  21. Before I was born, but I remember seeing this shot over and over as a Lakers fan growing up when I was an adolescent in the 80s. This was constantly replayed until the Lakers beat the Celtics in 1985. Of course, Cuban being the kind of guy he is stuck to Nelson.
  22. Wade said he wasn't worried during an interview in June. Wonder if he's worried yet?
  23. There's more to the stuff about Mitchell going back to school than just St. John's wanting him back. The NBA holds the player's professional rights to play basketball. Thus the Celtics can go to court and argue any NIL money Mitchell receives violates his agreement with the NBA when he went through the draft. Reports are that the NBA will pursue this legally because they aren't willing to allow the precedent that violates the basis of their legal right to control a player.
  24. Not sure what's "better" in this context. I'm thinking historical importance. I saw the post with the city limit sign for Detroit, TX. I remember playing Detroit in a tournament in Sulphur Springs in December 1988. Their fans had a chant that went something like, "De-Troit, De-Troit. We're coming at you now and we're gonna rule the court, De-Troit, De-Troit." We won the game something like 77-61.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.