If you were Silas Bolden would you have second thoughts about coming to Texas

There could easily be the possibility that Texas has too much talent at wide receiver, and if you're Silas Bolden would you start having serious second thoughts about not coming to Texas? He's going to be so far behind the other receivers and the talent of these young guys will make it hard to keep them off the field.

2 hours ago, David Latiolais said:

There could easily be the possibility that Texas has too much talent at wide receiver, and if you're Silas Bolden would you start having serious second thoughts about not coming to Texas? He's going to be so far behind the other receivers and the talent of these young guys will make it hard to keep them off the field.

With all due respect, I think you should think twice before creating these threads. Seriously, this might be the most undignified, offensive post I’ve read on this site. There is absolutely no reason to use this context. If you are excited about the depth, say that. You don’t need to denigrate a kid by suggesting he has the same mental fragility that leads you to post these “thought pieces”. It’s classless and disrespectful. You don’t have to tear a kid down in order to celebrate others.

Fortunately, Bolden seems like a guy who relishes the opportunity to prove people like you wrong. He’s been doing it his entire career. Personally, I’m looking forward to what he can add to an already talented room…because competition makes everyone better. My opinion—that loser mentality has no place here, even during silly season..and Silas Bolden has certainly done nothing to warrant you ascribing it to him.

The craziest part in all of this is the fact that you were literally calling for OL to switch over to DL “for depth” a week ago. Now we’re thinking there is so much “talent” in a group with 8 total catches in a Longhorn uniform that a seasoned veteran, with *checks notes* 10x that many career receptions, should seriously rethink his commitment? Come on.

• Hook 'Em 14
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SamMan said:

With all due respect, I think you should think twice before creating these threads. Seriously, this might be the most undignified, offensive post I’ve read on this site. There is absolutely no reason to use this context. If you are excited about the depth, say that. You don’t need to denigrate a kid by suggesting he has the same mental fragility that leads you to post these “thought pieces”. It’s classless and disrespectful. You don’t have to tear a kid down in order to celebrate others.

Fortunately, Bolden seems like a guy who relishes the opportunity to prove people like you wrong. He’s been doing it his entire career. Personally, I’m looking forward to what he can add to an already talented room…because competition makes everyone better. My opinion—that loser mentality has no place here, even during silly season..and Silas Bolden has certainly done nothing to warrant you ascribing it to him.

The craziest part in all of this is the fact that you were literally calling for OL to switch over to DL “for depth” a week ago. Now we’re thinking there is so much “talent” in a group with 8 total catches in a Longhorn uniform that a seasoned veteran, with *checks notes* 10x that many career receptions, should seriously rethink his commitment? Come on.

First of all Samman, I will post what I feel like posting, and I don't give a rats ass if you like it or not. In fact, just don't read them, that show a narcissistic childish mentality on your part. 

As it relates to this post, as someone who has played sports, I am thinking about what would be a potential better option for this young Man's career. When he arrives at Texas he will be behind the other players, and as a grad transfer I want him to get the most catches he can to improve his drift stock. 

At Texas he may get, what 20 or 30 catches for 300- 350 yards 5 TDs. If he transfers to a power 5 school that needs a WR he could get 60-80 catches 800 yards. 

Yes, he can compete but will that be best if he is not on the field? There is enough talent in that room right to bring out the best of each player, adding  one more means less reps for the super talented young receivers. As for number of catches in the room, they have plenty now and I guess you forgot how many catches were in the room when Worthy cam in, how did that work o out? Or the starts at left tackle two years ago, how is that working out?  If he comes great, but I want to see reps taken away from him, or the young guys. 

I can tell you're young 20 something, grow up and realize that you don't know everything, and this is a football site to enjoy and have fun. Your opinion is just that, no better or worse than anyone else. Life will be hard for you can't handle a football blog? 

FYI I will keep posting what I want, and will never add a disrespectful comment to anyone on this site about the subject/post they start. I will read it and move on if I disagree. It's time for you to learn to be respectful. 

Lastly, grow up already.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, David Latiolais said:

First of all Samman, I will post what I feel like posting, and I don't give a rats ass if you like it or not. In fact, just don't read them, that show a narcissistic childish mentality on your part. 

As it relates to this post, as someone who has played sports, I am thinking about what would be a potential better option for this young Man's career. When he arrives at Texas he will be behind the other players, and as a grad transfer I want him to get the most catches he can to improve his drift stock. 

At Texas he may get, what 20 or 30 catches for 300- 350 yards 5 TDs. If he transfers to a power 5 school that needs a WR he could get 60-80 catches 800 yards. 

Yes, he can compete but will that be best if he is not on the field? There is enough talent in that room right to bring out the best of each player, adding  one more means less reps for the super talented young receivers. As for number of catches in the room, they have plenty now and I guess you forgot how many catches were in the room when Worthy cam in, how did that work o out? Or the starts at left tackle two years ago, how is that working out?  If he comes great, but I want to see reps taken away from him, or the young guys. 

I can tell you're young 20 something, grow up and realize that you don't know everything, and this is a football site to enjoy and have fun. Your opinion is just that, no better or worse than anyone else. Life will be hard for you can't handle a football blog? 

FYI I will keep posting what I want, and will never add a disrespectful comment to anyone on this site about the subject/post they start. I will read it and move on if I disagree. It's time for you to learn to be respectful. 

Lastly, grow up already.

You call someone else narcissistic while presuming that any random thought that tumbles out of your brain needs to be presented to the board in a declarative new thread. Strong work.

This whole thread, much as the last one, is just bandwidth-draining personal musings. You're taking the position, on a Texas board, that a Texas commitment needs to go elsewhere for his own good. The presumption, of course, being that you know better and can see the future. How do you expect something like that to be received? If you really have some sort of bizarre but genuine altruistic concern for Bolden's future and feel a need to warn him off from his current path, do you really expect him to be reading this board and then noting your thoughts?

Then you use the "this young Man" trope that the guru boards always seem to draw in from posters, while positing another poster's age and condescending him at the same time. 20+ years of reading the boards and it is, still and always, old to see this same kind of behavior manifest over and over. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You call someone else narcissistic while presuming that any random thought that tumbles out of your brain needs to be presented to the board in a declarative new thread. Strong work.

This whole thread, much as the last one, is just bandwidth-draining personal musings. You're taking the position, on a Texas board, that a Texas commitment needs to go elsewhere for his own good. The presumption, of course, being that you know better and can see the future. How do you expect something like that to be received? If you really have some sort of bizarre but genuine altruistic concern for Bolden's future and feel a need to warn him off from his current path, do you really expect him to be reading this board and then noting your thoughts?

Then you use the "this young Man" trope that the guru boards always seem to draw in from posters, while positing another poster's age and condescending him at the same time. 20+ years of reading the boards and it is, still and always, old to see this same kind of behavior manifest over and over. 

LMAO, again, why respond to a post you did not create? That's the clueless part I don't understand. 20+ years of reading boards and you give a s@#t about a post that has nothing to do with you or anything in your life? 

The funniest part of your response, is about posting on a board, that was set up to post things on?  I'm still LMAO on that one. Gold. 20+ years 🤔

Let's all simmer down...

SamMan came on a little strong and clearly David felt a little attacked. Let's not let this boil over! 

He clearly isn't winning any POTD awards, but not sure it was all that offensive, classless, etc either. I've definitely read worse!

-----

Regarding the subject at hand... IMO - Silas has the type of mentality to maximize every practice rep and push those around him to get better. I definitely want him in the room regardless of how much PT he winds up earning!

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, David Latiolais said:

LMAO, again, why respond to a post you did not create? That's the clueless part I don't understand. 20+ years of reading boards and you give a s@#t about a post that has nothing to do with you or anything in your life? 

The funniest part of your response, is about posting on a board, that was set up to post things on?  I'm still LMAO on that one. Gold. 20+ years 🤔

It was a bizarre post for you to derive such humor from, but you do you. Every thread on this board impacts the community on the whole. Sadly, that is true even when the thread is absolute trash and shouldn't have been started in the first place. If you're going to put stuff like this out there, other folks are going to respond, me included. Brain dumps in the form of new thread creations deserve responses in kind. 

I mean it is a fair ask imo. The most classless c'mon now. The wr room is loaded and tampering is rampant. I hope he comes, as we have no idea if a wr may portal out or more after Spring who knows. 

Sark does have a history of playing very few guys at wr. That may change this year. But this is a discussion board so lighten up for the real classless offensive posts 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It was a bizarre post for you to derive such humor from, but you do you. Every thread on this board impacts the community on the whole. Sadly, that is true even when the thread is absolute trash and shouldn't have been started in the first place. If you're going to put stuff like this out there, other folks are going to respond, me included. Brain dumps in the form of new thread creations deserve responses in kind. 

This is a football board, and if you are mentally affected by a post I can't help the weak of mind.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TTown said:

I mean it is a fair ask imo. The most classless c'mon now. The wr room is loaded and tampering is rampant. I hope he comes, as we have no idea if a wr may portal out or more after Spring who knows. 

Sark does have a history of playing very few guys at wr. That may change this year. But this is a discussion board so lighten up for the real classless offensive posts 🤘

Thanks, I will try not to get pulled in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Plus he is a grad transfer so until they actually enroll you just have to wait and see. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise, but if it is your last go around then playing time matters. I mean if we don't rotate more, I can see a couple of our guys that may explore. And now that you can multiple transfer it will be crazy season starting April 15. Nice problem to have though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, TTown said:

He played plenty at Alabama when he had experinced depth.

Year one - Worthy, Whittington, Moore, Washington, and Dixon. After Whittington went down against OU and Moore mentally quit sometime after that it was not pretty.

Year two - Worthy, Whittington, Cain, Hall, and Neyor, Neyor was hurt in fall practice and Hall was never mentally there. 

Year three - Worthy, Whittington, Mitchell, Cook, Neyor, Cain, Niblett and Moore. A little more depth, but Cook, Niblett, and Moore were freshmen. Neyor mentally never recovered and Cain is a JAG.

Year four - Cook, Moore, Niblett, Bond, Bolden, Golden, Wingo, Butler, Dubose, Livingstone, and Cain. This is a healthy WR room. Lots of experience and talented underclassmen to push the upperclassmen.

I can see 5-7 of those guys getting quality game reps this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

He played plenty at Alabama when he had experinced depth.

Year one - Worthy, Whittington, Moore, Washington, and Dixon. After Whittington went down against OU and Moore mentally quit sometime after that it was not pretty.

Year two - Worthy, Whittington, Cain, Hall, and Neyor, Neyor was hurt in fall practice and Hall was never mentally there. 

Year three - Worthy, Whittington, Mitchell, Cook, Neyor, Cain, Niblett and Moore. A little more depth, but Cook, Niblett, and Moore were freshmen. Neyor mentally never recovered and Cain is a JAG.

Year four - Cook, Moore, Niblett, Bond, Bolden, Golden, Wingo, Butler, Dubose, Livingstone, and Cain. This is a healthy WR room. Lots of experience and talented underclassmen to push the upperclassmen.

I can see 5-7 of those guys getting quality game reps this season.

Dubose will not play this year because of a knee, cain transfered. That's still 9 guys trying to find playing time. But I get your point. 

He's the shoe-in for punt returner on special teams. From what I recall, he was the last receiver to join Texas' WR room during the last transfer period, so the team that he decided to join in January is still the same team we have in March.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, David Latiolais said:

This is a football board, and if you are mentally affected by a post I can't help the weak of mind.

The ignore button here would be great like IT has because if so that dude would be the first i hit that button on so might as well give your fingers a rest from his stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bolden is most likely here to return Punts and have a package for him similar to but different from KRob at the minimum. Hell he might be a top 3 WR on the team and we do not want him to leave.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, David Latiolais said:

Dubose will not play this year because of a knee, cain transfered. That's still 9 guys trying to find playing time. But I get your point. 

4 are true freshman and the 3 WR from 2023 saw little time last year. Outside of the portal guys we have virtually zero experience at WR.

Just because you, as a SR, would be scared to compete with freshman doesn’t mean everyone else is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Bwub60 said:

Bolden is most likely here to return Punts and have a package for him similar to but different from KRob at the minimum. Hell he might be a top 3 WR on the team and we do not want him to leave.

I am 100% sure that's what TX will do with him, I think he is an amazing young man and I want the best for him, and if that at TX great. If he was on campus now I would be less concerned.

2 hours ago, marathon said:

4 are true freshman and the 3 WR from 2023 saw little time last year. Outside of the portal guys we have virtually zero experience at WR.

Just because you, as a SR, would be scared to compete with freshman doesn’t mean everyone else is. 

It has nothing to do with wanted to compete, you now have two experience WR on campus now, plus Cook and a 3 other young guys that are really good. He is a really good kid and I truly want the best for him. If he was on campus now I would feel better about him, but he will be behind so much talent it will be hard for him to catch up. I hope I'm wrong for the kid sake. 

10 hours ago, David Latiolais said:

I am 100% sure that's what TX will do with him, I think he is an amazing young man and I want the best for him, and if that at TX great. If he was on campus now I would be less concerned.

Why are you concerned? Are you related to him?