Report: USC DT Bear Alexander "expected" to enter the portal

4 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

USC defensive lineman Bear Alexander is "expected" to enter the NCAA Transfer portal. This would be the second time the former Denton Ryan and Terrell star has hit the portal. 

Gerry, do you think Texas makes another run at him?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

USC defensive lineman Bear Alexander is "expected" to enter the NCAA Transfer portal. This would be the second time the former Denton Ryan and Terrell star has hit the portal. 

So is there no longer 1 time transfer rule in place for underclassmen?  This is nuts.  

33 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Texas didn’t make a run at him when he left Georgia. 

I’m monitoring it this time.

Oh, I thought Texas was at least considering him when he left UGA. Thanks for the info.

5 minutes ago, watty7796 said:

Texas skipped him last year, I can't imagine they'd go after him this year.  Culture is a high priority.

My first thought is that he is probably not a culture fit.

My 2nd thought is it might be a good challenge for Kenny Baker. If he can get Bear buying in and playing well, it would speak highly of him as a coach.

• Hook 'Em 5

Not succeeding at USC doesn't bother me much, as I don't think LR has a culture that inspires guys to be better than what they show up as.  Not succeeding at Georgia is a different story, although he was young.  It could be all the moving around as a young man added to the attitude.  Maybe he's ready to find a home in a good culture and be developed.  If he does end up here and buys into what Sark & crew are selling, he could up his draft stock considerably one would think. 

Quick note on Bobby's comment on how they could afford not to chase the last time he entered the portal.  I know we need big humans at DT who can stuff the run, but I don't think we need it so bad we have to chase someone who may become a cancer in the locker room.  I'd rather work with the guys we have and roll the dice in that scenario.

If they can make it work, great, the kid has all the tools.   I trust the staff to make the call.

• Hook 'Em 2

You guys know more about his personality than I do. All I know is he tends to move around. While that bothers me personally I am not sure that in this day and age that is an indication of a culture issue in and of itself. We need help and he has the ability.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Let’s see what happens this time.

What happens this time is that if they take this idiot, I will purposefully get blitzed out of my gourd at the TOF function in May and then projectile vomit in the general direction of both Kenny Baker and Steve Sarkisian.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Zura said:

Bobby has been saying 2 DT and if he is one of them it is what it is. Our culture is strong enough to handle it 

Culture is a buzzword for recruiting it's not something that keeps neer do wells in line. If grand theft guilbeau can make the team I'm not too worried about bear. 

• Hook 'Em 1