Ryan Williams Commits to Alabama

• Moderators

2024 five-star WR Ryan Williams has re-committed to Alabama.

Williams was expected to be on campus this weekend for an official visit with Texas, however that visit was cancelled and you can see now why the reason was.

First big win for Kalen DeBoer as the head coach of the Tide.

View full news

Kind of a bummer he didn't even visit, but it always felt like a long shot, tbh. I think we're in a good place with the receivers we already had on campus and the incoming portal guys. I just hope that Quinn can develop some chemistry with 3 or more of the bunch quickly!

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, atxquint said:

Kind of a bummer he didn't even visit, but it always felt like a long shot, tbh. I think we're in a good place with the receivers we already had on campus and the incoming portal guys. I just hope that Quinn can develop some chemistry with 3 or more of the bunch quickly!

It was crazy Texas stuck around as long as they did even without a visit. Testament to the national reputation that Sarkisian and Texas have built for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Off topic from Williams, but with deboar coming in and Tommy Reese is apparently getting looks from some NFL teams does anybody think Milroe may not actually be the QB for bama this year?

That will definitely be something to look for after Spring practice.  I think if Milroe makes good improvement on his short and mid range game then it would be hard to replace him.   

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, beachhorn said:

That will definitely be something to look for after Spring practice.  I think if Milroe makes good improvement on his short and mid range game then it would be hard to replace him.   

Another thing to think about is Milroe lost Bond and Niblack so he now has to build that rapport with other receivers and you seen how long it took him to get going with bond

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Off topic from Williams, but with deboar coming in and Tommy Reese is apparently getting looks from some NFL teams does anybody think Milroe may not actually be the QB for bama this year?

Would be pretty wild considering the end of the season he had. I believe he had the third shortest odds for the Heisman immediately following the season for 2024.

29 minutes ago, HookemHorns87 said:

Bobby said this morning they asked Sayin to leave so Deboer could bring his recruit Austin Mack with 

I'm guessing Bama is in need of receivers too. Maybe he'll Portal in a year or 2, if we need him then. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

It was reported that Rees took a job coaching TEs for the Browns.

1 hour ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

I would go further and say Milroe will not be the QB for Bama.  He’s not a  good fit for the new offense. I don’t think he has the natural accuracy and release to run that offense consistently.

He might not even be on the Alabama roster this fall.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sucks to hear that, especially knowing Williams never even visited Austin.

Arch and Ryan Williams had been texting each other as evident in a short video interview with Williams on twitter from a couple of days ago.

Glad to hear Arch is doing what he can to recruit players to the Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 1