Damonic Williams visit update (Tuesday 8:05 a.m. CST)

• Moderators

TCU defensive tackle transfer Damonic Williams is scheduled to arrive in Austin Tuesday evening following classes today in Fort Worth. He will meet with the staff tonight, and then have a full day with Steve Sarkisian, Kenny Baker, PK and Nansen, etc. Wednesday. 

• Hook 'Em 36

• Moderators
Just now, Chinadoll10 said:

Realistically, why would he choose Oklahoma over Texas? Even if 💰is equal...

OU may start one or two freshmen on the DL ... would have to be wanting to play as many snaps at his spot as possible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Chinadoll10 said:

Better H2H recently and overall football program in the last decade or so, prefers a smaller town environment, wants to play for a defensive head coach. 

Not that I think he should go to Oklahoma, but those would be some reasons I could see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, hookem1 said:

Better H2H recently and overall football program in the last decade or so, prefers a smaller town environment, wants to play for a defensive head coach. 

Not that I think he should go to Oklahoma, but those would be some reasons I could see. 

You left out ou sucks.

Disappointing season because of defensive minded head coach. Lost bowl game. Has an unproven QB who didn't exactly strike fear into anyone during spring game. Defensive minded head coach has no real answer on offense.

I would imagine any recruit of theirs has to see that.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You left out ou sucks.

Disappointing season because of defensive minded head coach. Lost bowl game. Has an unproven QB who didn't exactly strike fear into anyone during spring game. Defensive minded head coach has no real answer on offense.

I mean there’s clearly a lot who don’t see that lol or do but are able to look past it considering they had a top 10 class and have gotten good transfers 

We also lost both our bowl games with Sark btw, and are 1-2 against OU. Hopefully both of those trends change this season!

4 hours ago, Chinadoll10 said:

HC is a damn good with defense. Kicked our rear for years. Our worst room is easily the secondary. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You left out ou sucks.

Their disappointing season was still 10-3 in Skeletor's second season.  I would never choose OU, but I can see why some kids would based on the contrast to Austin (liberal big city vs conservative country town vibe).  That said, I think he ends up with the good guys.  Sark has things rolling right now and if he wants to be a part of a championship run, Texas is the place to be right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bourbasted said:

Their disappointing season was still 10-3 in Skeletor's second season.  I would never choose OU, but I can see why some kids would based on the contrast to Austin (liberal big city vs conservative country town vibe).  That said, I think he ends up with the good guys.  Sark has things rolling right now and if he wants to be a part of a championship run, Texas is the place to be right now.

I’m from Oklahoma and live near Oklahoma City and I’m telling you Norman is just as liberal as Austin lol.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bourbasted said:

What African American 18 year old would choose a conservative town vs a liberal one? I get the country vs big city, but liberal vs conservative? I think not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jonas Peterson said:

What African American 18 year old would choose a conservative town vs a liberal one? I get the country vs big city, but liberal vs conservative? I think not.

That’s rather presumptuous.

Edited by CaseMcCoyTruther
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, hookem1 said:

I mean there’s clearly a lot who don’t see that lol or do but are able to look past it considering they had a top 10 class and have gotten good transfers 

We also lost both our bowl games with Sark btw, and are 1-2 against OU. Hopefully both of those trends change this season!

I remember 49-0. Do you remember the other two years' scores? I don't either.

I don't think the first year was a fair representation of what's being said here. We're simply not that team anymore, thank God.

Mack routinely put together top 10 classes and routinely finished ranked #15. OU doesn't recruit their needs very well.

2 hours ago, Jonas Peterson said:

In my experience quite a few.  Growing up in a small country town in Texas, a lot of the guys I grew up with (Black, White, Hispanic, etc.) much preferred a smaller town for their university years.  Conservative does not equal racist where I'm from, but hey, each to their own.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, bourbasted said:

In my experience quite a few.  Growing up in a small country town in Texas, a lot of the guys I grew up with (Black, White, Hispanic, etc.) much preferred a smaller town for their university years.  Conservative does not equal racist where I'm from, but hey, each to their own.

Being from a very small town in Texas myself, I beg to differ. I could not wait to get out of the country and see what's out there. And the chicks, too. 

I don't think athletes care what the town politics are as long as it doesn't affect them. Nobody cares how liberal Austin is. Nobody cares how conservative dead dog town is. 

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Being from a very small town in Texas myself, I beg to differ. I could not wait to get out of the country and see what's out there. And the chicks, too. 

I don't think athletes care what the town politics are as long as it doesn't affect them. Nobody cares how liberal Austin is. Nobody cares how conservative dead dog town is. 

As I said, to each their own.  I don't think it's as simple as just saying all young Black athletes will prefer liberal cities.  All good, just offering alternative perspectives.  For me, there's no way in hell I'd want to go to Norman over Austin, but it happens every year for a lot of young men.  I guess we don't have to understand it, just accept that some think differently.