2024 NFL Draft Thread

• Moderators

The 2024 NFL Draft will begin at 7 p.m. central tonight with the first round taking place. The second through seventh round will take place Friday and Saturday.

The Longhorns are expected to set a program record for a seven round draft with eight to ten selections. The 2007 NFL Draft produced seven selections - Michael Griffin, Aaron Ross, Justin Blalock, Tim Crowder, Brian Robinson, Tarell Brown and Kasey Studdard.

The most players ever selected in the first seven rounds in program history was in 1984 with 10 (17 total in 12 round draft). Nine players were drafted in the first seven rounds of the 1982 draft with 12 total in the 12 rounds. 

Texas players in the 2024 NFL Draft

Byron Murphy, DL - 1st round lock 

Xavier Worthy, WR - 1st or 2nd round

Adonai Mitchell, WR - 1st or 2nd round

Jonathon Brooks, RB - 2nd or 3rd round

Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE - 3rd or 4th round

T'Vondre Sweat, DL - 3rd or 4th round

Christian Jones, OL - 4th or 5th round

Jaylan Ford, LB - 5th or 6th round

Ryan Watts, DB - 6th, 7th or UDFA

Keilan Robinson, RB - 7th or UDFA

Jordan Whittington, WR - 7th or UDFA

Ryan Sanborn, P - UDFA

View full news story

• Hook 'Em 7

You guys are having a live show during the first round I thought I heard?   If so I’m in. 

And as a Broncos fan I’m flummoxed by what we do. Need a qb bad but we don’t have the capital to move up imo and I hate burning 12 for Nix.  Be fun to watch.  If Bowers is available that works.  

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Drunk randoke said:

You guys are having a live show during the first round I thought I heard?   If so I’m in. 

And as a Broncos fan I’m flummoxed by what we do. Need a qb bad but we don’t have the capital to move up imo and I hate burning 12 for Nix.  Be fun to watch.  If Bowers is available that works.  

Absolutely a watch with us tonight starting at 7 p.m. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, t.newman said:

Hoping you have Christian Jones a little undervalued, would love to see his name called in the 3rd.  

I don't think it's out of the question he could sneak into late 3rd. I also don't think it's out of the question he goes higher than Sweat (small %).

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Drunk randoke said:

I still don't understand why Denver didn't go get Howell for as cheap as Washington was giving him away for.  He could have been a nice 1-2 year stopgap at QB while the team goes through a rebuild

21 minutes ago, lloydchristmas said:

I still don't understand why Denver didn't go get Howell for as cheap as Washington was giving him away for.  He could have been a nice 1-2 year stopgap at QB while the team goes through a rebuild

I guess they didn’t want to pay a 3 and a 5 for him. Zach sucks.  Only thing I got is he was basically free. 

22 minutes ago, Drunk randoke said:

I guess they didn’t want to pay a 3 and a 5 for him. Zach sucks.  Only thing I got is he was basically free. 

But Seattle got back a 4th and a 6th, so it was essentially just a couple of pick swaps. And I agree, Wilson is beyond terrible

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I don't think it's out of the question he could sneak into late 3rd. I also don't think it's out of the question he goes higher than Sweat (small %).

Jeremiah has Jones #55 on his big board.