What round will JT go

Honestly I’m definitely thinking the fourth. Kind of like you said I really think the combine results did not do him any justice for a better draft stock actually dropped him quite a bit unfortunately. I would say most likely fourth but someone could take a chance on him in the third.

Edited by LonghornLegends
  • Hook 'Em 1

We all know JT is going to be a productive pro but his combine numbers were surprising to say the least. I would have skipped the combine rather than put up those kind of numbers.  The bench number argues that he never worked in college on improving his strength which doesn't reflect well for a power position like tight end.  The .40 time is also shocking for what was considered an elite athlete coming out of high school, again raising doubts about one's work ethic.  Really a head shaker for me especially when his teammates all posted numbers demonstrating the opposite approach.  Im with horns96 on wondering if there is a background story. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Really think he's going to have to prove how much he actually loves football at the next level. The combine numbers weren't that of a guy that loves the game to the point of maximizing ones talent. 

I wrote this elsewhere. I think he goes in the 4th because of his ability as a receiver.

However, the reason he has dropped thus far has to be his lack of strength - not his lack of top-end speed. Hard to play in-line in the pros. I think he would immediately be the weakest tight end in the league based on bench reps alone.