Moderators Hank South Posted 1 hour ago Moderators Posted 1 hour ago In his newsletter: https://texaslonghorns.com/news/2026/9/29/forty-acres-insider-september-29 "Gritty, gutsy, driven and determined … our Horns dug deep, stood tall and delivered some TENACIOUS TEXAS FIGHT in Knoxville on Saturday! We can all agree it was a heck of a game and an incredible performance on the field, but I also know we had some major issues to address with inappropriate celebrations from our players. I'm not happy about that, I know none of us are, and it was embarrassing to our proud and widely respected football team, athletics program and university. It certainly raised very warranted concerns that many of you shared with me, drew a lot of attention, and I understand why. Rest assured, Coach Sark has addressed both situations with the players individually and with the team, and he discussed them after the game and again in Monday's press conference. As he said, it is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. The message is clear — the players conduct did not reflect the values of Texas Athletics or our university and cannot happen again. I also want to add my apology to our Longhorn community and everyone who expects better from Texas. We should represent this university with class, dignity and respect at all times, and in those moments, we fell short. I do recognize that these are young men who made mistakes, and this is a meaningful learning experience. They have owned their mistakes, and those actions are not reflective of who they are. They are good people who made poor choices — they know it, we know it, and they, along with our entire team, will grow from this. What matters now is that they do just that and that our entire team understands the responsibility that comes with representing The University of Texas. We are proud of the team and what it accomplished Saturday and thus far this season, and we will continue to hold ourselves to the standard that all of you rightly expect from Texas. Thank you for your passion, your candor and your unwavering support of our Longhorns." 13 Quote
AJLaus23 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Call me crazy but if he’s giving me 5.5 sacks every week I’ll take the 15 yards…… 2 Quote
4thandFive Posted 59 minutes ago Posted 59 minutes ago I hope it does not happen again. A) It’s vulgar and just no, B) I don’t want to see something like from Texas, C), I don’t want the penalty that will hurt the team, and D) I’m not sure I want to see what CDC could or would do if it did occur again. 2 Quote
thatdude2 Posted 57 minutes ago Posted 57 minutes ago 1 minute ago, AJLaus23 said: Call me crazy but if he’s giving me 5.5 sacks every week I’ll take the 15 yards…… Eh, I feel you, but nah. Although if I was the opposing team or fan base, I would be more offended of giving up 5.5 sacks, than what he did as a celebration. Quote
tenneseehorn08 Posted 45 minutes ago Posted 45 minutes ago 9 minutes ago, AJLaus23 said: Call me crazy but if he’s giving me 5.5 sacks every week I’ll take the 15 yards…… Coach Erwin nailed it on lunch with the coach. This type of conduct reveals a fundamental lack of discipline that if not addressed, will lead to us not achieving our goals for this team such that even the 5.5 sacks won't make up for it. Beyond that, treating it as being about just a 15yard penalty when it was a fundamentally wrong, indecent, and disrespectful action is an exercise in missing the point. 2 Quote
BubbaJacques Posted 41 minutes ago Posted 41 minutes ago So Raleek's unpenalized modern dance performance is being equated here with Simmons's 15-yard restroom simulation? I don't think the two are on nearly the same level of offensiveness. 1 Quote
Connor Vaughn Posted 35 minutes ago Posted 35 minutes ago 5 minutes ago, BubbaJacques said: So Raleek's unpenalized modern dance performance is being equated here with Simmons's 15-yard restroom simulation? I don't think the two are on nearly the same level of offensiveness. ….you looked and Raleek’s celebration and that’s the conclusion you drew? A modern dance? Really?! Dude…he literally smelled his balls, took a whiff of it, then presented to pass out from the stench. Quote
Dolphorn Posted 31 minutes ago Posted 31 minutes ago 29 minutes ago, AJLaus23 said: Call me crazy but if he’s giving me 5.5 sacks every week I’ll take the 15 yards…… Crazy Quote
Dolphorn Posted 28 minutes ago Posted 28 minutes ago Thanks Del Conte - I agree 100%. This ain’t just a standard celebration penalty. I wonder what DKR would do? Quote
SamuraiKnight Posted 22 minutes ago Posted 22 minutes ago (edited) I'm not sure this is about a total lack of discipline. It was stupid and misguided. But Colin Simmons has been nothing but a great example to Longhorn Nation up until this point. The question now is: how does he respond? Then we can get into character questions. It was stupid. Colin Simmons is 20 years old. He will learn and grow and be fine. Edited 21 minutes ago by SamuraiKnight Quote
HookemTexas Posted 14 minutes ago Posted 14 minutes ago 29 minutes ago, tenneseehorn08 said: Coach Erwin nailed it on lunch with the coach. This type of conduct reveals a fundamental lack of discipline that if not addressed, will lead to us not achieving our goals for this team such that even the 5.5 sacks won't make up for it. Beyond that, treating it as being about just a 15yard penalty when it was a fundamentally wrong, indecent, and disrespectful action is an exercise in missing the point. This nails it, and shows why the team still makes a ton of penalties. There’s no discipline. Quote
Scott murphy Posted 3 minutes ago Posted 3 minutes ago I heard people including @CJ Vogel saying Colin got snubbed on defensive player of the week. He rightfully didn’t earn it by his one action. I do credit him for playing the rest of the game under control. But you don’t get that reward when you do that. Learn from it and get better big fella!🤘 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.