WRNC Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Major NIL brands handle controversies using a very predictable playbook, moving from temporary freezes to outright contract terminations. Because Colin Simmons immediately issued a public apology and CDC publicly smoothed things over by stating the players "owned their mistakes," brands have the public relations cover they need to maintain the partnerships without reacting. From a pure performance standpoint, Simmons is incredibly valuable to his partners; despite the penalty with his 5.5 sacks. Brands are highly incentivized to keep him on their roster if the behavior is corrected. Quote
TexasLonghorns Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 40 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said: Just curious anyone know how Many players Mack Brown had arrested vs the number Sark has had so far? Roughly 25-30 Mack Sark. 2. What about coaches? 1 Quote
TexasLonghorns Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 16 minutes ago, charlie990 said: I don't think CDC needed to say something. They'll be under the microscope by the refs in every celebration for the rest of the season as it is. You don’t know the pushback CDC was getting from the money or BOR. He obviously felt he needed to. Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Just now, TexasLonghorns said: What about coaches? Good question No arrest for Mack staff but Ole Cleve Freak nasty got himself into several issues So Sark leads 1-0.... 1 Quote
jcash02 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago (edited) 15 hours ago, BubbaJacques said: So Raleek's unpenalized modern dance performance is being equated here with Simmons's 15-yard restroom simulation? I don't think the two are on nearly the same level of offensiveness. Raleek's "dance" was worse in my opinion, because Colin had already been penalized and the coaches had already addressed it at halftime. Then he went out there and did it again! He didn't learn anything, didn't listen to his coaches and didn't care about the impact on the game. Both were extremely selfish and egregious Edited 1 hour ago by jcash02 Quote
charlie990 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago It's a tiktok dance. It's amazing how many of yall were clowning on the Arch Manning apology then are here defending this 1 1 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 5 minutes ago, charlie990 said: It's a tiktok dance. It's amazing how many of yall were clowning on the Arch Manning apology then are here defending this I think the outrage over both is dumb 3 Quote
f1revo Posted 55 minutes ago Posted 55 minutes ago 4 hours ago, Hank South said: How so? Do you follow Georgia football? Look at our penalties. I don't give an ish about Georgia or what's going on elsewhere. 1 Quote
ArchMania Posted 52 minutes ago Posted 52 minutes ago 14 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said: For this statement to be made the way it was… some higher ups around UT must have been extremely pissed IMO Nice pun. Whizzed it right in there. ☺️🤘 2 Quote
Horns_90 Posted 51 minutes ago Posted 51 minutes ago 29 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said: Good question No arrest for Mack staff but Ole Cleve Freak nasty got himself into several issues So Sark leads 1-0.... Ole FreakNasty liked him some hoes 1 Quote
RealLonghornJose Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago (edited) Colin Simmons was just caught in the moment! If you played sports you would know what that means. Was it too much? Yes! This dude has done more good things then this and yet we want to tear him apart for it. We all made mistakes growing up! The difference is everyone was able to see his on a television platform. He will grow and be better after this. https://texaslonghorns.com/news/2026/9/15/no-1-1-footballs-simmons-selected-to-allstate-afca-good-works-team-named-wuerffel-trophy-semifinalist https://thedailytexan.com/2025/10/20/my-why-colin-simmons-initiative-spreads-younger-brothers-story/ Edited 41 minutes ago by RealLonghornJose 1 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 36 minutes ago Posted 36 minutes ago 11 hours ago, f1revo said: Year 6 and the AD is having to make this statement 😬 Mack Brown had 25-30 players arrested in his tenure..... Sark like 2.... The continued outrage over a sack dance is becoming insane.... How do some you make it in the real world? 1 Quote
f1revo Posted 33 minutes ago Posted 33 minutes ago 1 minute ago, MBHORNSFAN said: Mack Brown had 25-30 players arrested in his tenure..... Sark like 2.... The continued outrage over a sack dance is becoming insane.... How do some you make it in the real world? I guess I've never simulated whipping my **** out whenever I get "emotional" and understand what accountability means. But what do I know? Quote
Shmatt Posted 33 minutes ago Posted 33 minutes ago Some of yall have wayyy too much energy and passion for this topic😭 1 2 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 30 minutes ago Posted 30 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, f1revo said: I guess I've never simulated whipping my **** out whenever I get "emotional" and understand what accountability means. But what do I know? The over the top outrage is comical..... Have add it. 2 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 28 minutes ago Posted 28 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, f1revo said: I guess I've never simulated whipping my **** out whenever I get "emotional" and understand what accountability means. But what do I know? I mean do you want him kicked off the team? What is your end game here? 2 Quote
TexShoe Posted 19 minutes ago Posted 19 minutes ago Less concerned about image of the school. Yeah, it's a thing, but it's also 2026. More concerned about 15 yards and extending the other team's drive. On Raleek's idiocy, 6 points could've come off the board. That would've been a game losing play. 1 Quote
Waxahorn Posted 10 minutes ago Posted 10 minutes ago I remember being young and doing stupid things. But then I was never representing the university on national television either. He apologized. Let's move on. 1 Quote
MikeyHookEm Posted 10 minutes ago Posted 10 minutes ago 8 minutes ago, TexShoe said: Less concerned about image of the school. Yeah, it's a thing, but it's also 2026. More concerned about 15 yards and extending the other team's drive. On Raleek's idiocy, 6 points could've come off the board. That would've been a game losing play. its after the play.. would have been enforced on kickoff BUT i agree with your point Quote
Tuco Ramirez Posted 8 minutes ago Posted 8 minutes ago Are we actually still talking about this? Quote
Rocky P Posted 3 minutes ago Posted 3 minutes ago Did I like it - absolutely not. Does it show a systemic lack of discipline? - I don't think so. We ask these players to play angry, play with an edge, attack and destroy. That comes with high emotion and trash talking. I'm sure people would be clutching their pearls a lot more if they heard the players yapping between eachother. I also have heard stories, especially from the older generations that are now clutching pearls and talking about discipline, of what they would do in dog piles, shoving fingers in peoples eyes, butts, grabbing balls. So they can miss me with being "offended" by this when they use to do things that were actually harmful to people. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.