Guts Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago 3 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said: Are you also upset by Prize Picks or an ad about Las Vegas? Or is it Kalshi specifically? Kalshi has a lower % than both of those places fwiw. I don’t like prize picks, but Kalshi isn’t only sports. Like others have said you can bet on politics, economics, tech, weather etc. It adds another layer that expands on the ethical considerations. Sports gambling in general is horrible for the game and I wish yall didn’t sponsor it, but it doesn’t bother me the same as Kalshi. 1
Atticus Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago I wish they didn't make cartoons that glorified violence. It's a terrible influence on our society...yada yada At the end of the day, the world isn't made for only you. There are reasonable times to get upset or voice displeasure, this is definitely on the lower end of that spectrum. 1
Guts Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago 3 minutes ago, Atticus said: I wish they didn't make cartoons that glorified violence. It's a terrible influence on our society...yada yada At the end of the day, the world isn't made for only you. There are reasonable times to get upset or voice displeasure, this is definitely on the lower end of that spectrum. Sure but that’s what an open forum is for isn’t it? Discussions and what not about any topic.
Oldest Horn Posted 58 minutes ago Posted 58 minutes ago 1 hour ago, Hookem72 said: When I was a kid, we had a drug store downtown in my little East Texas townthat still had ice cream and soda. My grandpa would take me there and let me get a scoop of butter pecan. I also remember there was always two old grumpy farmers sitting at a table drinking coffee. My grandpa told me to stay away from them because they were just bitter old guys who were angry at the world and wanted to argue and complain. I just remembered tbeir names. Oldesthorn and MBHornsfan. Yes, I’m the one crying in my beer over a gambling site. Thoughts & prayers, superstar.
Oldest Horn Posted 55 minutes ago Posted 55 minutes ago 1 hour ago, CHorn427 said: I actually think DraftKings or something like that is where to draw the line. Being able to place bets on world affairs, anything and everything, is incredibly unethical and problematic imo. Yes, I get this is done with good intentions of making payroll. But that is an “ends justify the means” approach. Have to ask yourself if the ends justify your means, or if morals and ethics do. What do you think drives the commodities and futures markets? Politics and world affairs.
Oldest Horn Posted 54 minutes ago Posted 54 minutes ago 28 minutes ago, Guts said: I don’t like prize picks, but Kalshi isn’t only sports. Like others have said you can bet on politics, economics, tech, weather etc. It adds another layer that expands on the ethical considerations. Sports gambling in general is horrible for the game and I wish yall didn’t sponsor it, but it doesn’t bother me the same as Kalshi. Maybe work on banning the NY board of trade next lifetime. 1
Shane Posted 46 minutes ago Posted 46 minutes ago Don’t like don’t use it ! Don’t like it’s a sponsor leave ! 1
Recommended Posts