MBHORNSFAN Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago Just now, Guts said: Why are you getting so heated about this? How is me posting my opinion on Kalshi controlling others lives? You are projecting quite a bit here. Keep us posted Quote
Hookem72 Posted 37 minutes ago Posted 37 minutes ago Just now, Guts said: Why are you getting so heated about this? How is me posting my opinion on Kalshi controlling others lives? You are projecting quite a bit here. When I was a kid, we had a drug store downtown in my little East Texas townthat still had ice cream and soda. My grandpa would take me there and let me get a scoop of butter pecan. I also remember there was always two old grumpy farmers sitting at a table drinking coffee. My grandpa told me to stay away from them because they were just bitter old guys who were angry at the world and wanted to argue and complain. I just remembered tbeir names. Oldesthorn and MBHornsfan. 2 Quote
CHorn427 Posted 23 minutes ago Posted 23 minutes ago 18 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said: So you want to control other adults lives? Why don't you live yours and leave others alone. Be sure not to vote if you feel this way. Every vote you cast is to influence things to be more like the way you want them to be, at the expense of things not being the way others want them to be. There is literally not a way to truly “live and let live” without becoming a monk. And honestly, I do share OP’s sentiment and believe Kalshi and Polymarket should not only not be advertised by OTF, but should be illegal. It’s far beyond sports betting. Just curious, do you think prostitution, heroin, cocaine, etc should be legal? 1 3 Quote
Tuco Ramirez Posted 19 minutes ago Posted 19 minutes ago I never thought I’d miss the arguing over Colin Simmons celebration. Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 17 minutes ago Posted 17 minutes ago 5 minutes ago, CHorn427 said: Be sure not to vote if you feel this way. Every vote you cast is to influence things to be more like the way you want them to be, at the expense of things not being the way others want them to be. There is literally not a way to truly “live and let live” without becoming a monk. And honestly, I do share OP’s sentiment and believe Kalshi and Polymarket should not only not be advertised by OTF, but should be illegal. It’s far beyond sports betting. Just curious, do you think prostitution, heroin, cocaine, etc should be legal? Yes. Quote
CHorn427 Posted 16 minutes ago Posted 16 minutes ago I actually think DraftKings or something like that is where to draw the line. Being able to place bets on world affairs, anything and everything, is incredibly unethical and problematic imo. Yes, I get this is done with good intentions of making payroll. But that is an “ends justify the means” approach. Have to ask yourself if the ends justify your means, or if morals and ethics do. 1 1 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 16 minutes ago Posted 16 minutes ago 19 minutes ago, Hookem72 said: When I was a kid, we had a drug store downtown in my little East Texas townthat still had ice cream and soda. My grandpa would take me there and let me get a scoop of butter pecan. I also remember there was always two old grumpy farmers sitting at a table drinking coffee. My grandpa told me to stay away from them because they were just bitter old guys who were angry at the world and wanted to argue and complain. I just remembered tbeir names. Oldesthorn and MBHornsfan. Except unlike most olds I support allowing people to live their lives as they see fit and not how others want them to. Quote
Shmatt Posted 14 minutes ago Posted 14 minutes ago 7 minutes ago, CHorn427 said: Be sure not to vote if you feel this way. Every vote you cast is to influence things to be more like the way you want them to be, at the expense of things not being the way others want them to be. There is literally not a way to truly “live and let live” without becoming a monk. And honestly, I do share OP’s sentiment and believe Kalshi and Polymarket should not only not be advertised by OTF, but should be illegal. It’s far beyond sports betting. Just curious, do you think prostitution, heroin, cocaine, etc should be legal? It’s not that deep I promise you that😭 this is a fricking Texas fan club at heart. All those things you listed below OTF hasn’t endorsed in any way shape or form nor does it correlate to anything said in this thread. 1 Quote
CHorn427 Posted 11 minutes ago Posted 11 minutes ago 1 minute ago, MBHORNSFAN said: Yes. Do you vote? Because that is exerting control over others 2 Quote
General Grant Posted 10 minutes ago Posted 10 minutes ago 13 minutes ago, CHorn427 said: Be sure not to vote if you feel this way. Every vote you cast is to influence things to be more like the way you want them to be, at the expense of things not being the way others want them to be. There is literally not a way to truly “live and let live” without becoming a monk. And honestly, I do share OP’s sentiment and believe Kalshi and Polymarket should not only not be advertised by OTF, but should be illegal. It’s far beyond sports betting. Just curious, do you think prostitution, heroin, cocaine, etc should be legal? Yes no and no 1 Quote
CHorn427 Posted 10 minutes ago Posted 10 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, Shmatt said: It’s not that deep I promise you that😭 this is a fricking Texas fan club at heart. All those things you listed below OTF hasn’t endorsed in any way shape or form nor does it correlate to anything said in this thread. The point of this post is OTF has endorsed Kalshi, which OP has stated (and I agree) is as unethical as prostitution. 2 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 9 minutes ago Posted 9 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, CHorn427 said: Do you vote? Because that is exerting control over others Ou sucks Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 8 minutes ago Posted 8 minutes ago 1 minute ago, CHorn427 said: The point of this post is OTF has endorsed Kalshi, which OP has stated (and I agree) is as unethical as prostitution. LMAO 1 Quote
Shmatt Posted 7 minutes ago Posted 7 minutes ago 1 minute ago, CHorn427 said: The point of this post is OTF has endorsed Kalshi, which OP has stated (and I agree) is as unethical as prostitution. Tf kind of escalation is that😭, not even close to the same level of crime. Quote
Bobby Burton Posted 6 minutes ago Posted 6 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, CHorn427 said: The point of this post is OTF has endorsed Kalshi, which OP has stated (and I agree) is as unethical as prostitution. That would be your view. Not mine. Quote
Guts Posted 5 minutes ago Author Posted 5 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, CHorn427 said: The point of this post is OTF has endorsed Kalshi, which OP has stated (and I agree) is as unethical as prostitution. I never compared Kalshi to prostitution lol. I do believe Kalshi is unethical, but it’s hard to compare those 2 subjects. Kalshi is problematic for a whole other set of reasons. Quote
Guts Posted 4 minutes ago Author Posted 4 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, Shmatt said: Tf kind of escalation is that😭, not even close to the same level of crime. Yea not sure where that came from cuz it certainly wasn’t me lmao. Quote
CHorn427 Posted 4 minutes ago Posted 4 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, Shmatt said: Tf kind of escalation is that😭, not even close to the same level of crime. Does the legal penalty determine the level of ethics? Quote
Shmatt Posted 1 minute ago Posted 1 minute ago (edited) 3 minutes ago, Guts said: Yea not sure where that came from cuz it certainly wasn’t me lmao. Yeah ik you didn’t idk where he got that from dw. you have been keeping it strictly sports. Edited just now by Shmatt Quote
CHorn427 Posted just now Posted just now 4 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said: That would be your view. Not mine. I didn’t claim it was your view. You weren’t the original poster of this post (OP) Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.