Le Bron James MADE Lakers GM select Bronny James in first round

• Moderators

Averaged 4.8 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists on 36% FG shooting, 27% three point shooting, 68% free throw shooting at USC ... NBA Draft pick!!! 

Not saying he can't develop into a one dimensional player in the NBA long term ... but it's pitiful and Lakers fans should truly question if LeBron is all in on winning. He's got his legacy and rings.

But from a business standpoint, great move by Lebron!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lavalulu said:

The fact that the GM outright said he didn’t want to select Bronny ,but Lebron gave him no choice.  Crazy how a player can control his team like this

Do you have the quote from the Lakers GM on this? No doubt it's stupid, but that's not the same thing as the GM publicly saying LeBrick made him do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, harveycmd said:

Do you have the quote from the Lakers GM on this? No doubt it's stupid, but that's not the same thing as the GM publicly saying LeBrick made him do it.

See the first entry…it’s the GM’s press conference 

Lakers fan here. LeBron has a player option and could theoretically leave if he wants. Lakers had 55th pick and with only 58 picks in this year’s draft that means only 3 picks were made after them. If drafting Bronny helped seal LeBron retiring in a Lakers jersey then I don’t have a huge problem with it. Highly unlikely that the guys the Lakers would want as undrafted free agents were selected in the last 3 picks so not a huge difference between drafting him at 55 and waiting to sign him as an undrafted free agent.

Edited by Travis Richard
  • Hook 'Em 1

I've been a Lakers fan for almost 50 years, but the Lakers have been stupid since Dr. Buss passed away. It's just bush league nonsense. It's not that big of a deal in terms of the fact you weren't getting anyone anyway, but it's symptomatic of the rot in the organization.

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Averaged 4.8 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists on 36% FG shooting, 27% three point shooting, 68% free throw shooting at USC ... NBA Draft pick!!! 

Not saying he can't develop into a one dimensional player in the NBA long term ... but it's pitiful and Lakers fans should truly question if LeBron is all in on winning. He's got his legacy and rings.

If they used their 17th pick on him, then I could understand this. It was the 55th pick though at the end of the draft. Don't think LeBron should really be questioned for this.

28 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

So in the huddle will bronny be calling Lebron daddy? Anthony Davis already does so it couldn’t hurt 

I think JJ Redick will be calling LeBrick daddy in the huddle.

3 hours ago, Lavalulu said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8tpmpyO0Vc/?igsh=NXJnZ29xa2ZoaGhy

Wow…nepotism at its worse.  GM said he didn’t wanna draft Bronny first round, but Lebron gave him no choice.

Adam Sandler hits the nail pretty much right on the head : r/nongolfers

Name a 55th pick of the NBA Draft that ever made a dent in the NBA. Taking Bronny there is fine. It's neat that he gets to try to play with his dad. We'll see if he can hack it.

I don’t know who’s being real or trolling on this thread 😂 the post literally says it’s a parody lol.

But as a Lakers fan, I’m not even mad picking him at 55. This draft class was the weakest, maybe ever. Not a ton of options or value that late in the 2nd round so why not? I actually like Bronny’s long term upside as a role player. He won’t be a star but I think he can contribute meaningful minutes if he continues to develop. Remember he has started to play well during the season before his heart issue & then was playing well when he came back towards the end of the season.

4 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Exactly right Gerry ! 

8 hours ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Bronny will be traded or cut in three years or less. He got drafted off of who his father is and his last name alone. 

He’ll be cut 3 minutes after his father retires or chooses to leave the Lakers.

Lebron is far more interested in enhancing his personal brand than about winning at this stage of his career, and he wants the made-for-TV moments of playing with his son on a nationally televised Lakers game(s).  The NBA’s first father-son alley oop on a Christmas Day Lakers vs Celtics telecast.  Oh the showmanship!!  

The inmates have been running the asylum in the NBA for years, but this is next level.  Contrived entertainment and personal aggrandizement masquerading as an athletic competition…today’s NBA.