Anding Anding Commitment Delayed

• Moderators

There were some questions regarding the commitment of 2025 Ruston (LA) cornerback Aidan Anding being delayed.

Well here might be your reason for that.

Anding was offered by LSU Friday evening.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

We can’t catch a break at defensive tackle or defensive back. 

Feeling a bit gun shy? 😉

It's just a very weird cycle right now. 

Edited by Adam Lane
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

We can’t catch a break at defensive tackle or defensive back. 

Can’t catch a break? Maybe, the coaches aren’t doing what is necessary to convince the players Texas is the best school for them? I guess Nick Saban just got lucky and caught a bunch of breaks over the years, surely it didn’t have anything to do with his work ethic, relationship building, ability to assemble a staff, success on the field, putting players in position to be successful and being able to convince player’s Alabama was the right place for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Can’t catch a break? Maybe, the coaches aren’t doing what is necessary to convince the players Texas is the best school for them? I guess Nick Saban just got lucky and caught a bunch of breaks over the years, surely it didn’t have anything to do with his work ethic, relationship building, ability to assemble a staff, success on the field, putting players in position to be successful and being able to convince player’s Alabama was the right place for them. 

Ooooookaaaaaay lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said:

I know we’re not comparing Texas right now to Bama under Nick Saban 😂 Saban could walk into any living room in the country, lay out his accolades in terms of championships & all the players he sent to the NFL, & then ask them if they would get a better situation anywhere else.

To paint an even clearer picture. Bama didn’t even have a strong NIL aspect of their program under Saban. He still recruited top 3 classes because he’s the GOAT! Even the most avid Texas fans cannot justify a comparison of that nature.

• Hook 'Em 2

Also, I feel like there’s no possible way that Anding commits to LSU just a few days after receiving the offer. However, if he does then he never truly wanted to come to Texas because his heart was always hoping for LSU. He could have been committed the whole season & had LSU offered the week before signing day he would have signed there. Let’s just hope he gives us a firm commitment on Monday 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 5

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Recruiting is nuts now. Saw akylin dear just decommited from ole miss. I guess bama but wish we still had room for that stud. 

Yep. Had a person I worked with for a decade that lives in Mississippi predict this one months ago - said Dear would end up at Bama. 

Bama is rolling. Deboer with Bama talent will be a tough out IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I don't think the LSU offer now will have an impact on Anding's July 1 decision. But we shall see. 

We had mentioned on OTF Friday that he had already backed up his date to Monday from Saturday. 

IMO, LSU offered now to try and set up a big run at him senior season. 

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Thanks 1

This is what happens when you focus on recruits outside of Texas - just need to understand that we aren't the "home" school / don't have that advantage.   Big boy recruiting - win some lose some.  As for LSU I'm not sold on them this season.  I think we beat Michigan and end up in the SEC championship - while LSU loses 3-4 games. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I don't think the LSU offer now will have an impact on Anding's July 1 decision. But we shall see. 

We had mentioned on OTF Friday that he had already backed up his date to Monday from Saturday. 

Embody with an RPM

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Embody is saying Anding is backing up his commitment (sounded like beyond Monday) and now coming to LSU at the end of July.

This is the strategy schools are going to start using against Texas in recruiting now - swoop in last minute with an offer the kids can’t refuse and snatch them up.  It seems to be working both in the portal and in HS crooting. But keep crooting to the whistle I guess.