Soo many excuses

1 hour ago, Bobbers said:

Recruits want playing time.  Sark is in some the victim of his own success.

4 and 5 star recruits who pick Texas now are going to spend time on the bench.  Texas is now that deep.  

Also, I still think the portal is more important than ever now.  Sark is going to fill holes quickly.

Texas is in the best position since 2003-04  imo.  We shall see.

Yeah, and the teams at the top can offer the most playing time, Ohio State, Georgia and Alabama. This is a beyond ridiculous claim 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Pettijohn had no business leaving the state. Thats as surprising a recruitment I’ve seen this cycle. 

It’s often been said that it’s typical for kids to have great times on these official visits, that if a kid doesn’t have a great visit these coaches aren’t doing their jobs.

so what happened on Pettijohn’s visit? I mean, how is he a Texas lean/the Dakorien Moore of the defensive side of the ball, and then bolt out of state? 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Lockett trending A&M, Terry trending oregon (🤮) and fasusi trending blOwU from the tea leaves mods have put out recently. 

Idk what tea leaves you’re reading. The only one considered trending elsewhere is Fasusi

9 minutes ago, Dalon Getwood said:

Idk what tea leaves you’re reading. The only one considered trending elsewhere is Fasusi

Do yourself a favor and go read or reread gerry’s recruiting update from this morning. Didn’t say oregon is trending for terry, But they are the completion and we’ve seen how that works out for us and hearing A&M for Lockett more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Dalon Getwood said:

And Lockett and Terry are outside of the top 10, via Rivals. Research a little harder

3 hours ago, Bobbers said:

4 and 5 star recruits who pick Texas now are going to spend time on the bench.  Texas is now that deep.  

Also, I still think the portal is more important than ever now.  Sark is going to fill holes quickly.

I’d have to slighty disagree with you.  There’s a very slim chance that any of these 2025 4&5-star recruits start right away. Currently the Top 5 ranked schools in recruiting have roster depth except for maybe Oregon. I personally don’t see but maybe 2 or 3 of the 4/5-stars getting significant playing time as a true freshman. I don’t pretend to know why they are choosing other schools but I can’t strictly point it to Texas’ depth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Only when they do. 

Bobby, 

Many people posting on the threads y’all have started mentioned that Texas has lost recruits due to prioritizing and giving too much attention to the top dawgs during the OVs. How much credence do you think there is to that?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, pflughorn2016 said:

Anybody with two eyes and a brain can see that Texas is being outspent. 🙄

It’s either that or the coaches are being out worked and out recruited. May be a little of both? I’d guess money is close but the recruits are hearing  other coaches messaging or it’s more persuasive. If being out spent, I don’t see Florida state, Ohio State and Oregon all out spending us. Given we’ve seen sark have to rely on a lot of late flips and losing recruits the first time around every year, this isn’t anything new. I simply don’t think their message is heard by some. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Do yourself a favor and go read or reread gerry’s recruiting update from this morning. Didn’t say oregon is trending for terry, But they are the completion and we’ve seen how that works out for us and hearing A&M for Lockett more. 

No he said he’s hearing more about A&M for Lockett as in they are making it interesting not that he is trending

Edited by Dalon Getwood
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tito Bonilla said:

I’d have to slighty disagree with you.  There’s a very slim chance that any of these 2025 4&5-star recruits start right away. Currently the Top 5 ranked schools in recruiting have roster depth except for maybe Oregon. I personally don’t see but maybe 2 or 3 of the 4/5-stars getting significant playing time as a true freshman. I don’t pretend to know why they are choosing other schools but I can’t strictly point it to Texas’ depth. 

I think you misread my post or I was unclear. We seem to agree.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

Pettijohn had no business leaving the state. Thats as surprising a recruitment I’ve seen this cycle. 

Thats going to look even worse when or if Faraimo chooses Notre Dame

3 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Yeah, and the teams at the top can offer the most playing time, Ohio State, Georgia and Alabama. This is a beyond ridiculous claim 

It’s my least favorite coping mechanism. 

1 hour ago, TexasLonghorns said:

It’s either that or the coaches are being out worked and out recruited. May be a little of both? I’d guess money is close but the recruits are hearing  other coaches messaging or it’s more persuasive. If being out spent, I don’t see Florida state, Ohio State and Oregon all out spending us. Given we’ve seen sark have to rely on a lot of late flips and losing recruits the first time around every year, this isn’t anything new. I simply don’t think their message is heard by some. 

It’s arrogance on Sarks and having an inept support staff that is in over their heads for their new positions

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Bobbers said:

Playing time?  We won't have enough DT's for a Spring game at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I've been debating whether to post, but you guys are like grandmothers worrying about Christmas presents. WRs are a dime a dozen. No receiver is worth two touchdowns a game. I mean, who could believe that? That would make one of those divas the greatest player in football history by a wide margin. No player has ever been worth two TDs a game. Furthermore, LBs aren't what they used to be. That said, I think recent comments by talking heads have been geared toward getting a flip with some of these guys. Don't need them that bad. You need elite QB play, skilled receivers, solid and technically sound running offense and defense, good special teams, and hard play across the board.

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Nathan said:

Recruiting has seemingly plateaued since 2022. And in state recruiting has never been very successful.

Out of the top 10 prospects in Texas this year, UT is on track to sign ZERO of them.

2022: 5

2023: 3

2024: 6

2025: 10-↘️

There is not one services that said Texas signed 6 of the top 10 in Texas last year or 5 of top 10 in 2022.

Those are numbers you pulled out of thin air.

Edited by Assistant Regional Manager

All depends on who you believe. There is one prominent site that is claiming Nike was a big player in DK’s recruitment.  Kind of alludes to a shoe deal or something of the sort.  So is it possible the cash was the same but Nike sweetened it beyond that promising something beyond money?

I trust Gerry more than anyone on this stuff. Just pointing out that it’s out there that everything may not be as it seems.  

While I agree with some of what is being said the reality is Texas over the last three years has relied on late flips/ coaching carousel/ bad seasons to complete recruiting classes.  That either means one of two things.  They either prefer waiting or they are recruiting from behind in a lot of cases.  It's a dangerous game to play either way.  Those dominoes will not always fall your way statistically speaking.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, watty7796 said:

While I agree with some of what is being said the reality is Texas over the last three years has relied on late flips/ coaching carousel/ bad seasons to complete recruiting classes.  That either means one of two things.  They either prefer waiting or they are recruiting from behind in a lot of cases.  It's a dangerous game to play either way.  Those dominoes will not always fall your way statistically speaking.  

All 3 years they had a borderline top 5 class even before late the adds. 2023 had literally one notable late flip (Anthony Hill). Last year was an elite class even without Filsaime or Wardell Mack. They have won out for plenty of guys who just long drawn out recruiting battles (Black, DJ Campbell, Neto, Baker, Wingo, Zina, Akana, etc)

Flips/coaching carousel/bad seasons happen every year so that is absolutely something you factor into your process. When it happens 3 years in a row it is more than just luck.

Edited by Assistant Regional Manager
  • Hook 'Em 2