Connor Stalions Documentary

I just finished watching it. I walked away thinking Stalions seems to be hiding something, strikes me as a smug rule-breaker, and will do anything to protect the University of Michigan.

However, I’m not sure Michigan would’ve needed Stalions’ questionable sign-deciphering in order to win the Natty in ‘23. Michigan was a really good team from top to bottom.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Michigan didn’t need him, but they definitely cheated. 

You sure about that? Harbough was on the precipice of being fired prior to Stalions. 

Edited by Hashtag
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Artie_Bucco said:

I watched the documentary earlier tonight.  I came away with zero doubt in my mind it was a large scheme, involving many people and Harbaugh knew.

Just a weird and strange fall from grace for a guy who was accepted to and graduated from the Naval Academy of all places.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Tfrazier12 said:

I don’t think it really matters if they “needed” it or not. Cheating is cheating and any team that gets caught cheating should face harsh consequences. Stallions is one thing for sure. A damn Liar. 

Oh I agree! Cheating is wrong no matter what. My reason for making that point was answering the likely critic of my comment who would say, "You may be right, but they would have won either way!"

13 hours ago, Hunter Bradford said:

I just finished watching it. I walked away thinking Stalions seems to be hiding something, strikes me as a smug rule-breaker, and will do anything to protect the University of Michigan.

However, I’m not sure Michigan would’ve needed Stalions’ questionable sign-deciphering in order to win the Natty in ‘23. Michigan was a really good team from top to bottom.

Too bad Texas couldn’t get ANY rush on Penix so we could have found out…

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, 4thandFive said:

Too bad Texas couldn’t get ANY rush on Penix so we could have found out…

I think Texas did get a push. I remember Byron Murphy beating his guy and getting pressure, but Penix was elite at "escapability," and easily side-stepped him. Penix did the same with Ethan Burke as well.  Texas got pressure, but not as much pressure that Michigan put on him, though I do think Penix had a better performance against Texas than Michigan, and not entirely because of Michigan's pressure.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hunter Bradford said:

I think Texas did get a push. I remember Byron Murphy beating his guy and getting pressure, but Penix was elite at "escapability," and easily side-stepped him. Penix did the same with Ethan Burke as well.  Texas got pressure, but not as much pressure that Michigan put on him, though I do think Penix had a better performance against Texas than Michigan, and not entirely because of Michigan's pressure.

Penix quite literally played the best game of his life against us....every throw he made that game was perfect.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Hashtag said:

Penix quite literally played the best game of his life against us....every throw he made that game was perfect.

I haven't re-watched the game... maybe just too painful, but I have followed CFB since 1969 and I thought Penix's performance was as good/"hot" as I ever recall at the QB position. He simply didn't miss.

BTW, I thought Quinn's first quarter play against Bama in Austin in 2022 was outstanding. Then he got planted into the artificial turf at DKR and injured. I still think that injury play has affected Quinn ever since. Hopefully this season he will have worked through it and the aftermath will be gone. I'd love to see him play that well again...

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Hashtag said:

Every program isn’t sending staff to future opponents game to record signs. This is pure idiocy 

This is exactly my response to folks who think everyone steals signs.

Sure, they steal signs. They look for clues on tape and during the game.

However, NO ONE ELSE I KNOW OF WENT TO AND RECORDED OTHER GAMES from the stands or elsewhere. No one else I know, attempted to be a Central Michigan staffer.

This was a different level of cheating, pure and simple.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Hunter Bradford said:

They had a really good OL. Both tackles taken early by NFL and their center transferred to Alabama and is pre-season first team all-SEC.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well when the NOA is leaked and it will be we will know. Followed this story and now the OSU insider claims how bad this is. Stumbled on it because they were investigating a former Coach Weiss.

The FBI is involved there as he was hacking coeds accounts and possibly worse. Supposedly the sign stealing was found and all coaches were viewing it and way more. And UM knew early 2023 and didn't report.

Take it FWIW but on 11 Warriors message board it is all there , what is in the NOA. So either they have egg on their face , or if what I read is true Michigan is done.  NCAA is gonna hammer them. I have no idea, but they didn't settle, so get your🍿ready. They think this NOA info about to drop.

This may be a controversial take, but that Connor Stalions documentary just made me hate the NCAA more and like Stalions. Also, those Netflix documentaries aren't exactly "hard hitting". They made Florida look like they were just a misunderstood team led by a dedicated coach instead of a murdering group of hoodlums led by a narcissistic obsessive asshole. Also, if the NCAA weren’t so far behind and just had helmet comm in place years ago this wouldn’t be an issue. They would’ve had to go the patriots way and video practice. 

Edited by Alex Butler