Woman’s sports needs attention too

As great a job as you guys do with our men’s football, basketball, and baseball teams ongoing it would be so great to also hear how our woman’s teams are doing in play as well as in recruiting.  Our mighty volleyball, soccer, basketball as well as softball teams are all  highly ranked and do deserve OTF’s support also.  I know football is ruling right now and needs your attention most but want to just put it out there for discussion and feedback.  
I know you do have special woman’s sports guests and Gerry does try to put in content as well as Blake and CJ but it would be great to have at least one special show as the  woman’s sports seasons begin to introduce the returning players as well as the new players ongoing with recruiting included, and special reporting as needed or warranted.    OTF is at almost 60,000 and I betcha there is a lot more interest than ya’ll might think in all sports. 
Thanks for listening!

• Hook 'Em 10
  • Thanks 3

While I agree in general -

we have had some good member coverage of VB and hoops, and some Gerry coverage of hoops.  Those are the two female sports that most engage me.  In fact, televised VB is to me third only to men's hoops and FB, as I would choose to watch it over every other sport - and I played and love baseball.  I concede that baseball and softball are both ill served by television compared with goal-to-goal sports.  VB is absolutely a stunning TV sport and more easily completely followed than even goal-to-goal sports.

The TV advantage of VB coupled with the incredible play of Texas [and other top teams] has me watching replays on YouTube because I miss the scheduling since the demise of LHN.  I would appreciate OTF publishing TV scheduling of VB and women's hoops in a continuing sidebar, perhaps in a collation of all televised UT sports.  I know, I can find this for myself at https://texaslonghorns.com.

But we are discussing OTF here, and looking for ways to encourage OTF to broaden its coverage of women's sports. The best OTF could do would be to have a stringer or employee[s] write daily briefings.  The subscription base may or may not justify that yet, but it is worth asking. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, MarkInAustin said:

While I agree in general -

we have had some good member coverage of VB and hoops, and some Gerry coverage of hoops.  Those are the two female sports that most engage me.  In fact, televised VB is to me third only to men's hoops and FB, as I would choose to watch it over every other sport - and I played and love baseball.  I concede that baseball and softball are both ill served by television compared with goal-to-goal sports.  VB is absolutely a stunning TV sport and more easily completely followed than even goal-to-goal sports.

The TV advantage of VB coupled with the incredible play of Texas [and other top teams] has me watching replays on YouTube because I miss the scheduling since the demise of LHN.  I would appreciate OTF publishing TV scheduling of VB and women's hoops in a continuing sidebar, perhaps in a collation of all televised UT sports.  I know, I can find this for myself at https://texaslonghorns.com.

But we are discussing OTF here, and looking for ways to encourage OTF to broaden its coverage of women's sports. The best OTF could do would be to have a stringer or employee[s] write daily briefings.  The subscription base may or may not justify that yet, but it is worth asking. 

Somewhat off-topic, but the SEC Network+ production on their Texas Volleyball broadcasts is pretty underwhelming so far.   We were spoiled by the quality of LHN's production all those years.

• Hook 'Em 5

Hi Brenda, thanks for the note. I am a fan of all Texas sports. I certainly hope we come off that way here because it is true.

We’re absolutely dedicated to showcasing women’s sports on our shows and site.

I’m a big believer in anybody who wears the burnt orange, no matter the sport, and we will support them.

Hook ‘Em!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Thanks 3

They have coach Vic and coach White on more than anyone, great job for Bobby and his crew!

I coached girls softball for ten years and watch the lady horns ever chance I get nowadays. Especially since they are a national power!

Love watching  coach Vic and the girls as well! Especially since they are a national power too.

However, this platform is called On Texas Football…

Edited by Drawls
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

Hi Brenda, thanks for the note. I am a fan of all Texas sports. I certainly hope we come off that way here because it is true.

We’re absolutely dedicated to showcasing women’s sports on our shows and site.

I’m a big believer in anybody who wears the burnt orange, no matter the sport, and we will support them.

Hook ‘Em!

And Brenda, I applaud your message immensely. But note that almost all the women's coaches have been featured on OTF and 3rd and Longhorn. Plus a few players. I do note that now that football has started, most of the attention is in football.  It is On Texas Football after all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m trying to my job as an elementary teacher, and let my girls know Texas softball is about to surpass OU softball. I have a younger cousin that graduated from Texas back in 2022 and played on the Soccer Team. I dropped the ball on my 2 daughters when it came to VB, but I got some nieces coming up. I’m trying to do my part behind the scenes. Love y’all.

• Hook 'Em 1

The F in this sites name is literally for football. Gerry put out a transfer portal thread for men’s basketball and, at the time it was free. That got me to join and, their sources on possible baseball and basketball recruits is better than three other sites I am on. 

I love women’s softball, volleyball and basketball. I think it would be great to have a post before each season doing just what the OP said. Simply recap the previous year, new faces and thoughts on the upcoming season. 

• Hook 'Em 2